Hawks/Miller HM-1

Old June 21st 04, 07:49 PM
Ken Balch

Default Hawks/Miller HM-1

Hi,

I'm looking for leads to any information on Frank Hawks' Golden Age
racing airplane, 'Time Flies'. This plane was designed by Howell Miller
and built by the Granville Brothers crew after the company was
liquidated in the mid-1930's. The plane was damaged in a landing
accident and later rebuilt as the HM-1.

I've searched the internet without much luck. I've found a few photos,
mostly of the two-place version, but I'd like to find pictures of the
single-seater on the ground and in flight, as well as photos of the
plane under construction. Full specs would be great, as would any leads
to a set of plans.

Regards,
Ken Balch

Old June 22nd 04, 04:55 PM
David Lednicer

There were drawings of "Time Flies" in the Hirsch collection of racing
airplane drawings. Hirsch's drawings weren't the most accurate, but
they might be all there is.

Old June 22nd 04, 05:41 PM
Ken Balch

Can you point me to a good source of those drawings? Is the Hirsch
collection online?

Ken

Old June 23rd 04, 04:47 PM
David Lednicer

I can't seem to find an outlet for the drawings on online. I used to
buy them via the mail and I think I might have the Time Flies drawing
set at home. Send me your postal address at: and I'll
mail copies to you.

Old June 24th 04, 09:39 PM
Hirsch388555

David,

I was informed that you have volunteered to violate the copyright laws that are
attached to the drawings my family owns. I find it surprising that you would
actually put this in writing in a public forum.

At this point I have to tell you that we have asked our attorney to contact the
district attorney in King County to investigate this matter.

Bill Hirsch