Jobs in Alaska

Old January 27th 04, 07:18 PM
gpsposter

Default Jobs in Alaska

I will have my CFI soon and hope to move to Alaska. I know that for most
'bush pilot' type jobs you need at least 1500 hrs and 500 Alaska hrs. What
are the availability of CFI jobs though? I hope to build my Alaska time and
get my seaplane rating and tailwheel endorsement while flight instructing.

Preferably in some place at least slightly populated: Anchorage, Fairbanks,
etc.
Old January 27th 04, 09:13 PM
Big John

Just saw there was a new application to build a gas pipeline from
North Slope. If that goes through there should be additional openings
for Pilots in AK.

Big John

Old January 27th 04, 10:15 PM
abc

Big John wrote:

Just saw there was a new application to build a gas pipeline from
North Slope. If that goes through there should be additional openings
for Pilots in AK.

Especially on the ground laying pipeline.
Old January 27th 04, 10:46 PM
Big John

ABCD

That too. As I remember, the cost estimate was over a billion dollars.
Lots of money (and jobs) to go around like when they built the oil
pipeline.

Not enough workers in AK to do the job so lots will come from out
State.

I just checked Google and no mention of an approval for pipeline?
Maybe read article wrong and just another application (although it
sounded like they had the money lined up).

Big John

Old January 28th 04, 02:55 AM
Mike Rapoport

It is a gas pipeline and approval will likely take a decade.

Mike
MU-2

Big John wrote:

Just saw there was a new application to build a gas pipeline from
North Slope. If that goes through there should be additional openings
for Pilots in AK.

Especially on the ground laying pipeline.

WTF! - US soldiers get FREE nose jobs and breast implants ArtKramr Military Aviation 1 July 22nd 04 06:21 PM
Trade Alaska Fishing for light taildragger Brad Giroux Owning 0 November 26th 03 05:48 AM
AME apprentice jobs Steve General Aviation 5 November 21st 03 01:07 AM
AME apprentice jobs Steve Piloting 5 November 21st 03 01:07 AM
Air Force to cut 297 positions in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 July 26th 03 09:05 PM