Chuck Yeager-pitot tube

Old October 8th 03, 09:59 PM
Guy Alcala

B2431 wrote:

Pitot port, a pitot tube is Henri pitot's invention and it provides both
static and dynamic pressure. Don't get too involved in Dan's mental
illness, Ed.

Tarver, time to put up or shut up. Cite one verifiable source, other than you,
that defines, uses or decribes a "pitot port." It is evident you think a pitot
tube without integral static ports is a "pitot port." Take a look at the pitot
tube on a C-130, it has no integral static ports. The static ports are mounted
on the sides of the fuselage. The C-130 tech orders call it a pitot tube. Now
take a look at the pitot-static tube on the F-4E, all the relevent tech orders
call it a pitot-static tube. If you want I can scan you a page from the
1F-4E-0-6. I make that offer to anyone who doubts me on this.

I have tried various search engines to find "pitot port" and the only
references ever returned point to you and no one else.

I have worked with far more pitot and pitot static tubes than you have.

How about explaining to us why Pitot needed to measure static pressure when he
was measuring the velocity of water? Since water doesn't compress he didn't
need to know static pressure for velocity.

I bet you will now make a few rude comments having nothing to do with the
subject as is your wont when asked to provide proof.

Dan, you've had more than enough time to learn that the individual in question is
impervious to facts or logic that refutes his fantasies, just as he is impervious
to scorn and abuse; indeed, he thrives on it. He will remain a legend in his own
mind regardless of anything you say, so why not do what most of us have done and
ignore or killfile him? You'll find it keeps your blood pressure down, and cuts
way down on the quantity of noise on the newsgroup. Some people continue to read
his posts just to correct his more egregious errors for newbies, but arguing
directly with someone who appears to be suffering from mental illness* is a waste
of your time, and a waste of the bandwidth of everyone (like myself) who's
killfiled him long since (indeed, he was the very first person I ever killfiled,
four or five years ago), but still gets your replies to him. Please give us a
break and don't reply to him, or at least put "Tarver" somewhere in the subject so
we can filter out any such messages.

Thanks,

Guy

*I can't imagine anyone who isn't mentally ill being so proud of repeatedly being
so wrong for so long, in public. His behavior strikes me as pathological.

Old October 8th 03, 10:23 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Guy Alcala" wrote in message

snip
Dan, you've had more than enough time to learn that the individual in

question is
impervious to facts or logic that refutes his fantasies,

Dan is only exercising his internet right to insult an expert. Although Dan
does take the troll to a level indicative of mental illness, what else has
he to do this afternoon; outside eating the piece?

Old October 9th 03, 12:19 AM
B2431

I guess you are correct. For some reason I have always been an optimist in
thinking everyone could learn. I apologize to the group.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old October 9th 03, 02:22 AM
B2431

Old October 9th 03, 03:13 AM
Dudley Henriques

From: Guy Alcala

snip

[...]

No need Dan. We've all done it. Fotr most of us it's not even challenging
any longer. I've actually gotten to the level with Tarver where I can tell
just from the header and sender what I'm going to see if I click that header
open to read it. :-))
The deal is; Tarver counts coup' on a thread like this one. He throws out
the bait and then sits back and watches the responses roll in. Hell, I'm
willing to bet he's counting on this one lasting till Thanksgiving! :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Pitot tube prices B2431 Home Built 2 May 16th 04 08:13 PM
FS: 1985 (General Chuck) "Yeager" Autobiography 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 28th 04 05:38 AM
FS: 1985 (General Chuck) "Yeager" Autobiography 1st Edition Book Jim Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 October 23rd 03 06:10 AM
Aircrew casualities ArtKramr Military Aviation 84 October 15th 03 09:50 PM
FS: 1985 (General Chuck) "Yeager" Autobiography 1st Edition Book Jim Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 September 24th 03 04:50 AM