Questtions about ATC-Fligtplan

Old August 31st 04, 08:29 PM
Daniel Hofer

Default Questtions about ATC-Fligtplan

Hello

I have some questions about the ATC-flightplan and how to fill it out.

1. Field 10, standard equipment
ILS means localizer AND glideslope, right?
DME is not part of standard equipment, right?

2. Field 10
R means RNP. Do I need to write e.g. R5 for RNP5? Or is no value needed? (is
it dependent on the used ATS-routes?)
If I use R, it doesn't mean automatically G? (I fly a PA34, GNS 430 is the
only RNAV-equipment).

My instructor means the following is correct:
SRY

but I think it's the following:
SDGRY

What do you think??
------------------
3. Field 19, emergency equipment
If I have no survival equipment, is it necessary to cross out ALL fields or
only the first one ( the S)

And last question:
VHF emergency radio. Does it mean a separate COMM-receiver or only the
ability to receive on 121.5?

Hope you have some answers;-)
Thanks a lot!

Daniel

Old September 1st 04, 04:03 AM
Newps

Daniel Hofer wrote:
Hello

I have some questions about the ATC-flightplan and how to fill it out.

1. Field 10, standard equipment
ILS means localizer AND glideslope, right?

Wouldn't be an ILS without one.

DME is not part of standard equipment, right?

No, but it's pretty rare to have one without it.

2. Field 10
R means RNP. Do I need to write e.g. R5 for RNP5? Or is no value needed? (is
it dependent on the used ATS-routes?)
If I use R, it doesn't mean automatically G? (I fly a PA34, GNS 430 is the
only RNAV-equipment).

You ain't got RNP, that's airliner and bizjet stuff. You're 430 makes
you a /G.

Old September 1st 04, 04:11 AM
john smith

Is the .ch in your email address Switzerland?
Is the flight plan for a Swiss Flight Plan form or an International
Flight Plan form?

Old September 1st 04, 06:43 AM
Daniel Hofer

Hello John

sure;-) .ch is Switzerland.
Is it a european flightplan or better, an ICAO flightplan, described in DOC
4444.

Daniel

Old September 1st 04, 08:10 AM
Julian Scarfe

"Daniel Hofer" wrote in message

1. Field 10, standard equipment
ILS means localizer AND glideslope, right?
DME is not part of standard equipment, right?

Both correct.

2. Field 10
R means RNP. Do I need to write e.g. R5 for RNP5? Or is no value needed?

(is
it dependent on the used ATS-routes?)

Just R.

If I use R, it doesn't mean automatically G? (I fly a PA34, GNS 430 is the
only RNAV-equipment).

No, it does not automatically mean G.

My instructor means the following is correct:
SRY

but I think it's the following:
SDGRY

What do you think??

Strictly speaking, you are correct. However, I don't think you add any
extra info for ATC with DG. Certainly I've been writing SR (I can't get
above FL245 so 8.33, Y, is unnecessary) for many years without issue. I
wouldn't take it too seriously. R tells ATC what it needs to know. The only
one (apart from S) that really matters is a Y if abouve FL245 -- without
that the FPL will be rejected.

------------------
3. Field 19, emergency equipment
If I have no survival equipment, is it necessary to cross out ALL fields

or
only the first one ( the S)

All of them. Bear in mind that the FPL is a template for an AFTN text
message. Your form may be transcribed to e.g.

-E/0310 P/002 R/VE J/L D/01 004 ORANGE A/WHITE C/HOFER

If you have maritime survival equipment you want it to look like:

-E/0310 P/002 R/VE S/M J/L D/01 004 ORANGE A/WHITE C/HOFER

not

-E/0310 P/002 R/VE M J/L D/01 004 ORANGE A/WHITE C/HOFER

though most ops people will understand that if you cross out the S you mean
that you have no survival equipment at all.

And last question:
VHF emergency radio. Does it mean a separate COMM-receiver or only the
ability to receive on 121.5?

Separate emergency COM I think.

HTH

Julian Scarfe

Old September 1st 04, 08:16 AM
Daniel Hofer

Hello Julian

thank you very much for your help!

One small question: is 8.33 only used above FL245? I didn't know...

Thanks

Daniel

Old September 1st 04, 08:54 AM
Julian Scarfe

"Daniel Hofer" wrote in message

One small question: is 8.33 only used above FL245? I didn't know...

I think so.

http://www.eurocontrol.int/vhf833/

Julian

Old September 2nd 04, 03:50 PM