Thanks Ed Rasimus

Old November 22nd 03, 05:04 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
om...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

Life is indeed strange sometimes.
I was a demonstration pilot flying a P51D back in the sixties.

I know that you couldn't care less Dud, but while you were having a
good ol' time flying your P-51, posing for photographs and signing
autographs for throngs of adoring fans, back in the sixties Dad was
heading off to 'Nam in a chartered DC-8 waving goodbye to his pregnant
wife and three boys while the entire family was fighting back tears
and wondering if we'll ever see each other again.

I don't know what the hell is psychologically wrong with you Marron, but
this is a totally ignorant, unwarranted and unnecessary post that goes so
far beyond the limits of normality that I just have to respond to it.
How dare you assume that I or anyone else for that matter wouldn't care
about someone leaving their family and going to war.
I have spent my entire life devoted to making the airplanes our pilots take
to war strong enough and good enough to bring them back to the families they
left at home, on several occasions, at the risk of my life!
It has also been my unfortunate duty on more than one occasion to be called
in by these families to speak at the funerals of several of these pilots;
close, close, personal friends. I don't need this crap from you. Nor does
anyone else on this Newsgroup.
I would STRONGLY suggest to you Marron, that although you have great cause
to be proud of your father for the work he did in SEA, that you refrain from
EVER AGAIN using someone the way you have used me in this post to make a
statement about him. There's absolutely no reason for this behavior, nor is
there ANY excuse for you to use me or anyone else in a negative manner like
this as a segway into a statement about your father.
I don't know what the F**k you think I did all my life, but I'll have you
know that flying demonstrations in the 51 was a HOBBY for me, NOT a
vocation! My WORK during my tenure in aviation was directly related to
design and performance of the airplanes that people like your father took to
war. I would even go so far as to tell you that my work in this field might
very well have been responsible on any given occasion for bringing him back!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Old November 22nd 03, 06:38 AM
Mike Marron

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

I know that you couldn't care less Dud, but while you were having a
good ol' time flying your P-51, posing for photographs and signing
autographs for throngs of adoring fans, back in the sixties Dad was
heading off to 'Nam in a chartered DC-8 waving goodbye to his

pregnant
wife and three boys while the entire family was fighting back tears
and wondering if we'll ever see each other again.

I don't know what the hell is psychologically wrong with you Marron,

On this I actually agree with you, Henriques, nor do I know what's
psychologically wrong with YOU.

but this is a totally ignorant, unwarranted and unnecessary post
that goes so far beyond the limits of normality that I just have to
respond to it. How dare you assume that I or anyone else for that

matter wouldn't care about someone leaving their family and going to
war.

I specifically said YOU, not anyone else, couldn't care less. Go back
and
re-read some of the incredibly cruel comments and hot-headed
over-reactions
and flames (exactly like you're doing now) of yours that you initiated
against me. You throw the first punch, then have a tizzy fit like
you're
having now when I punch back. Also go back and re-read your absurd
question asking what my ol' man's combat in 'Nam had to do with me.

I have spent my entire life devoted to making the airplanes our

pilots take
to war strong enough and good enough to bring them back to the

families they
left at home, on several occasions, at the risk of my life!
It has also been my unfortunate duty on more than one occasion to be

called
in by these families to speak at the funerals of several of these

pilots;
close, close, personal friends.

Oh get off your holier than thou high horse. Just a few days ago you
whooped
it up like some kind of yayhoo and made disparaging, tasteless, and
incredibly meanspirited jokes about not caring whether or not I was
DEAD
for Chrissakes! You conveniently gloss over anything constructive I
post
and wait for the first opportunity to pounce. You're a quintessential
windsock, Henriques. You look around and see which way the wind is
blowing
then and then you pile-on. You defend Kramer whom we all know was
posting
under his "Autocollimator" sock puppet while he was anonymously
flaming
not only me but others as well (not to mention having imaginary
conversations with himself). Tell me Henriques, according to that high
and mighty moral
calculus of yours, does your definition of character and integrity
include making jokes about people's deaths or defending the
"Autocollimators" of the world?

I don't need this crap from you.

Back 'atcha, pal!

Nor does anyone else on this Newsgroup.

There ya' go again trying to speak for everyone. I know there's safety
in
numbers but it's YOU, not anyone else on the NG whom I am addressing.

I would STRONGLY suggest to you Marron, that although you have great

cause
to be proud of your father for the work he did in SEA, that you

refrain from
EVER AGAIN using someone the way you have used me in this post to

make a
statement about him.

More unwanted advice. Listen HENRIQUES, I meant every_single_word in
this
post. By your own actions, YOU have given me ample reason to believe
that
you simply couldn't give a rat's ass about my Father, or me, or my
family.

There's absolutely no reason for this behavior,

Pot kettle black.

nor is there ANY excuse for you to use me or anyone else in a

negative
manner like this as a segway into a statement about your father.

I've told you this before HENIRIQUES but it kinda got lost in all your
flaming, posturing, chest-thumping and flyboy-ego-run-amuck syndrome.
When
a fighter pilot goes off to war, he's not the only one whose forced
to make sacrifices. Those of us left behind on the homefront sacrifice
too.
To be sure, we've also "been there done that" and only those whom have
endured the "battles" on the homefront knows what I'm talking about.
By
your own thoughtless and cruel comments you evidently don't have the
first
clue what I'm talking about. I have some poignant letters of Dad's
sent
to my Mother scanned on my hard drive that I will be more than happy
enlighten you, if you're interested (which I know you aren't based on
what you've said in the past). Instead of spewing forth unsolicited
advice
and talking about how great YOU are/were, perhaps if you would listen
for a blessed change you might realize that you don't know 1/1000's as
much about
me or other military families as you THINK you do.

I don't know what the F**k you think I did all my life, but I'll have

you
know that flying demonstrations in the 51 was a HOBBY for me, NOT a
vocation! My WORK during my tenure in aviation was directly related

design and performance of the airplanes that people like your father

took to
war. I would even go so far as to tell you that my work in this field

might
very well have been responsible on any given occasion for bringing

him back!

Nah. Sorry Dud, but I knew my Dad very well and it was a combination
of
things that brought him back but I assure you that YOU had absolutely
NOTHING to do with bringing him back. In fact, had you actually gone
over
to 'Nam I suspect he would be the one responsible for bringing YOU
back!
Old November 22nd 03, 03:30 PM
MLenoch

Mike:
Did your Dad ever put you OVER his knee? Maybe that's the problem.
VL
Old November 22nd 03, 04:24 PM
MLenoch

.perhaps they'll _both_ crash and burn?

Gord:
No they won't. They're flying on Helium.
VL