We Are All Spaniards

Old March 16th 04, 10:17 AM
a.d.danilecki

"S Green" wrote in message ...
No but there are Chechen (muslim)terrorists operating in Russia and a lot of
Russians in Poland. It would be easy for the Chechens who are in alliance
with OBL to strike.

It would be total stupidity for Chechens, paying back for so many
years of support with terrorist attack.

There are muslims in Poland: Polish tatars and immigrants. They number
is close to nil.

However, Poland unlikely would react similarly to Spain on terrorist
attack.
Old March 16th 04, 10:18 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , Judah wrote:
Not in the eyes of the IRA. In the eyes of the IRA they are fighting for
the British to give back their land.

They have the ballot box for that - there's no need for them to blow up
shopping malls in Manchester. Even though Britain is not part of the
United States, it is (shock horror!) a democracy!

Some people I think just enjoy killing. Now the IRA and Sinn Fein (I
wonder if Gerry Adams had to tick the 'Have you ever been a terrorist?'
box on his visa application form when he went to the US) have called a
cease fire, there's apparently parts of the IRA who aren't happy, and
splintered off calling themselves the 'Real IRA' and continuing to
perpetrate terrorist acts.

It's a great shame, too. Northern Ireland is a beautiful place.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old March 16th 04, 11:09 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jeff" wrote in message
terrorism is not a tactic, its a mindset.

I have been to the middle east (1990-1991), its a **** hole.

Yet Israel is rather nice by any standard...and it's part of the Middle
East.

Old March 16th 04, 11:10 AM
Cub Driver

Are there actually Muslims in Poland? I doubt Al-Qaida has
the infrastructure to mount an attack.

No but there are Chechen (muslim)terrorists operating in Russia and a lot of
Russians in Poland. It would be easy for the Chechens who are in alliance
with OBL to strike.

Good point. It does not appear (at the moment, anyhow) that the
Spanish bombers were Al Qaeda at all, but rather Moroccan sympathizers
with perhaps some links to Qaeda. Indeed, they might well have worked
with the ETA.

It does appear that the war against Qaeda/Taliban in Afghanistan has
sufficiently disrupted the network that it has operated over the past
couple of years in a very different mode than it did before September
2001. It's more of a high-scale IRA/ETA/Palestianian effort. (Notice
that the Palestinians are shifting toward mass-victim attacks, under
the presumable influence of Al Qaeda's operations?)

Europe is full of guest workers, many of them from Muslim countries.
As Poland joins the EU, its borders become more open.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old March 16th 04, 01:48 PM
Dan Luke

"Judah" wrote:
So what do you suggest?

I suggest we not lash out in anger.

I think if we draw the line for countries like Saudi
Arabia, Egypt, and Morroco, it will be clear that
they support the terrorists...

Political and economic pressure on these couintries can be effective.
Invading them would be counter-productive.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old March 16th 04, 01:49 PM
Jay Honeck

Is that not how the republicans got a majority in both houses after 911
what's your point?

An absurd comparison, but -- even if your theory was true -- I doubt the
terrorists were hoping for a Republican majority.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 16th 04, 01:51 PM
Jay Honeck

Everyone considered him the coward of the country

Cute, but what does it have to do with this thread?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 16th 04, 01:52 PM
Jay Honeck

What does this have to do with flying (rec.aviation.piloting, to be
specific), except the very tenuous connection ANY political,
especially international, issue does?

Everything, and nothing.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 16th 04, 01:55 PM
Richard Russell

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:01:02 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

We are all Spaniards today.

Well, Jay -- your post succeeded in one thing. It brought all the usual
apologists for terrorism out of the woodwork.

I guess there are plenty of people even on this news group who somehow

think
terrorism is justified if it opposes the United States or its allies.

No, just a few misguided souls.

America will stand with Spain, and our other allies, in this bizarre
religious/fascist war. I suspect my children will be fighting these stupid
*******s for a long time to come, but eventually freedom will win out over
oppression.

Think I'll fly today. Oops, sorry, I thought this was rec.avaiation.
Rich Russell
Old March 16th 04, 03:09 PM
S Green

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"S Green" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
The Uk gave the land to Israel following a war with Jewish

terrorists.
People like Golda Meyer, Begin were all terrorists(freedomfighters).

Again, you're confusing terrorists with rebels.

Rebels fight for territory. Terrorists kill indiscriminately.

The jews in 1948 were indiscriminate killers.

That's a BS myth -- they were most definitely NOT indiscriminante.

But by your definition the
Palestinians are rebels too and what they are doing is legitimate,

fighting
for their native soil.

Nice (but damn lame) attempt at word games.

But then this whole thread is word games.