Leaving the community

Old November 4th 04, 09:26 PM
Newps

Cecil Chapman wrote:
Guns

He's a hunter,

John Kerry quote. "I take my trusty double barrel 12 gauge, I sneak
around on my belly, I play the wind, you know, I love deer hunting."
Anybody who has actually hunted deer knows what a fool this is.

I'm pretty sure they use guns for that (he's not a
bowhunter). Just because one doesn't support ownership of AK-47's and
public access to armor-piercing bullets doesn't make one an enemy to gun
ownership. In fact, his record as a senator reveals that he has
consistently supported appropriate gun ownership. I own two shotguns and a
couple of rifles - don't hunt, but skeet and target shoot. Even still, I
just don't think the average citizen needs armor-piercing bullets or AK-47's
(unless you live in remote parts of Alaska grin)/.

He has voted against guns every chance he's had.

, taxes

Good point,,, you're right Kerry was clearly against tax breaks for the
wealthy,

Kerry would whack small businesses with his tax the rich mentality.

, the UN.

YIKES! Please tell me that you have most of your teeth

All, actually.

and that you don't
play 'Dueling Banjos' along some remote bayou?

Never been to a bayou.

The United Nations is
LEFTIST?

Leftist would put it too far to the right. They are communistic.

Do you even know the history and original purpose of the United
Nations?

Yes, if we could get back to that I would be fine with it.

What was wrong with having a consensus (and some
help) before blundering into Vietnam... OOPS I mean Iraq?

There's nothing wrong with it. But the right thing to do was go into
Iraq, if the France and Germany still want to screw Iraq on the oil for
food program that's of little consequence to our decision making.
Old November 4th 04, 09:31 PM
Newps

Matt Whiting wrote:

Why are all of the conservatives states in places that are cold in the
winter?

Montana is over 700 miles from east to west by road. You can move to
any climate you want here, just about. Here in Billings we are in a
bananna belt. Often gets in the 50's during the winter. Go up on the
highline(US2) and it is bitterly cold during winter.

My grandfather always said that the cold winters "kept the
riff-raff out" and I'm beginning to think he was right. :-)

We have our fair share of riff-raff. Remember the Freemen? The
Unabomber? You can walk into the woods here and disappear.
Old November 4th 04, 09:32 PM
Peter Duniho

"John T" wrote in message
m...
So, just to confirm, you're saying that anybody voting for Bush failed to
pay attention or chose to ignore "the facts".

I'm not saying at that all. You need reading lessons, I guess.

If "that's fine", then why can't you just admit that 51% of the voters
fully understood what Bush did and still decided we're better off with
him than Kerry?

Why would I admit something that's not true? 51% did not act as you claim.
Extrapolating from the Gallup data, 18% of the voters fully understood what
Bush did and still decided we're better off with him than Kerry. 33% did
not fully understand what Bush did and yet made the same decision.

Pete

Old November 4th 04, 09:32 PM
Newps

Cecil Chapman wrote:

I have the right to own and fire my Mauser, and, as far as I'm concerned,
that
includes the right to be allowed to buy ammunition for it. Kerry tried to
ban that,

I almost forgot,,,,what for goodness sake do you need to be firing
ammunition as large as the type that the Mauser uses?

Do you even know what a Mauser is?

Old November 4th 04, 09:35 PM
Newps

Matt Whiting wrote:

He's only a hunter when there is a camera around.

What's really funny was how god damned stupid he looked in his tan color
Carhart coat he wore the last few weeks of the campaign. Trying to pass
himself off as some kind of working stiff. Damn thing was so new and
stiff it would stand up by itself on the floor. He looked like an idiot
in that thing. Like Dukakis in the tank fer christ sake.

Old November 4th 04, 09:37 PM
Newps

Michael 182 wrote:

Cecil,

Repeat after me. Never, never, never argue second amendment rights in a
newsgroup. If you need frustration try teaching your dog not to chase
rabbits. In fact, you have a better chance of succeeding there than you do
in converting NRA members.

Right. You would have an easier time banning cars.
Old November 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Jay Beckman

"Newps" wrote in message

Matt Whiting wrote:

He's only a hunter when there is a camera around.

What's really funny was how god damned stupid he looked in his tan color
Carhart coat he wore the last few weeks of the campaign. Trying to pass
himself off as some kind of working stiff. Damn thing was so new and
stiff it would stand up by itself on the floor. He looked like an idiot
in that thing. Like Dukakis in the tank fer christ sake.

If the camera had zoomed out just a little bit, you might have been able to
see the guys in turbans reloading.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
PP-ASEL

Old November 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Icebound

"kontiki" wrote in message
Then sell your car(s) and your airplane... and your snowmobile... boat
too.
Lawnmower and chainsaw while you are at it.

In the grand scheme of things, our cars use an amount of gasoline several
magnitudes higher than all our private airplanes, snowmobiles, lawnmowers
and chainsaws combined. Maybe a better urban and inter-urban public transit
system, (and less marketing emphasis on automobile horsepower) would allow
us to dramatically reduce auto fuel-usage and still enjoy our airplanes,
snowmobiles, lawnmowers and chainsaws for many eons to come.

Of course you won't need
medicine or anything made of plastic either.

We are over-prescribed anyway :-) .

Old November 4th 04, 09:42 PM
Newps

John T wrote:

Face it: The Democrats have no base outside the urban areas of this country
and their values apparently are out of line with a majority of the voters.
They need to reconsider their platform if they want to appeal to American
voters again.

This is driven home by the red/blue map of the country. But get the map
that is divided by county and not just by state. Compare to the same
map for 2000. Another couple of elections like this and the Democratic
party will cease to exist.
Old November 4th 04, 09:43 PM
Newps

Jim Fisher wrote:

Comparing gay folks to "colored" people is just utter bullsquat. If I were
black, I'd smack people who say this upside the face. If you weren't such a
generally nice feller, this honkey would wanna smack you.

Black folks do just that. Look for the vote breakdowns against the gay
marriage bills on the ballot.