flight Instruments on the Cheap

Old April 23rd 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

Default flight Instruments on the Cheap

"GeorgeB" wrote in message
It might be realistic to look at Dwyer Instruments; there are many
offerings. In particular, the $50 unit
http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/air...riesMWSpec.CFM is 0-55
kt, resolution of 0.2 kt. Accuracy is about 5% of reading. There are
mini-pitot based models, rising vane (as used on some ultralight type
craft I've seen) and these rotating units.

That would certainly address the bumpy conditions issue. But the bumpy
conditions really aren't a problem even on approach. It doesn't actually
bump very much.

What kind of aircraft are you flying?

Old April 24th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
GeorgeB

I don't fly, but enjoy reading and learning; unlike others, I TRY to
not do anything that even smells like trolling.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:54:34 -0500, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net
wrote:

.. .

Old April 25th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Craig[_2_]

On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, "D.Rizzato" wrote:
Mine lasted 75 Hours and than they ask
for $ 350 Bucks to have it fixed.
If you like to get some crap and fly dangerously go
to Falcon Gauges or Wultrad, Inc.

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in messagenews:K9WdnVXd2JoN1JLVnZ2dnUVZ_viunZ2d@super news.com...

wrote:
On Apr 21, 6:59 pm, "Dick" wrote:
Anyone know about a seminar at SNF
discussing flight instruments made cheaply??

Does anyone know where I might obtain flight instruments that don't
work? I need them for a cockpit demonstrator -- everything has to
look right, but it's not going to do anything. Thanks.

Well you can buy some cheap ones made in China from lots of places. Google
Aircraft Spruce. They might or might not work when you get them but don't
worry they won't work for long.

Seriously though, check EBay.

You might look here.
http://www.nielsenkellerman.com/ww/1000.html

Craig
Old April 28th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"steveukman" wrote in message
That was the reason that I delayed ... but I realised that for my
.purposes (backup for an EFIS) I would only be flying VFR and the only
time I *really* needed a backup ASI would be at landing time, when my
speed would be low enough.

http://www.eel.de/images/innenseiten...ulf-1_02_L.jpg

--
Geoff