China in space.

Old October 20th 03, 01:51 PM
Kevin Brooks

(robert arndt) wrote in message . com...
Alan Minyard wrote in message . ..
Its not about being a native German. It will be your govt. or military
that decides the name when the time comes. BTW, I am German by BLOOD-
you DO understand that, don't you. And IF you DO, then you know what
will inevitably happen if Germany becomes the leader of United Europe.
People weren't scared of Germany in 1935... but by 1939... uh well...
you know what happened.

Rob

The fact that the Nazi's lost really, really bothers you, doesn't it?

Al Minyard

No, the fact that history could repeat itself really bothers most of
humanity. When Germany reunited in 1990 alot of Germans and most of
Europe nervously watched the night celebrations and compared them to
the Nuremberg rallies of the '30s. It was quite chilling for those
that remembered history. For some the question of "Black Phoenix
Rising" is still troubling given Germany's future position in a United
Europe and the fears that the German character has not changed in 6
decades. Nazism still survives in Germany and to an extent in the
Bundeswehr. Many German journalists, especially for Der Spiegel, have
exposed continued interest in the Third Reich, Germany's xenophobia,
neo-nazi racism and the role Munich plays at its center, German
anti-semitism, etc, etc, etc...
Frank Capra warned everyone in his WW2 series "Why We Fight" that if
the German character does not change then a new generation of Germans
will find a new leader to follow and the world would suffer again
(from "Here is Germany", 1945).

You demonstrate a strange love/hate relationship with the very subject
you decry above...espousing being German by BLOOD, reveling in how the
world feared Hitler in 1939, proclaiming all things German superior by
nature, etc. Methinks maybe you are a bit confused as to your real
sentiments.

It would do everyone well to heed his warning. But people like you
still think the US will remain the sole superpower forever. What utter
stupidity. Unity is what is making China stronger. And European unity
will make them stronger.

LOL! Yeah, the EU is a real model of solidarity and efficiency. How
about that really impressive EU RRF?

Our nation OTOH is increasingly divided.

Not really.

Think about that. And don't start with how powerful we are since we
are losing ground in Afghanistan

We are? News to me...

and Iraq,

Yeah, right....Iraqi dissidents are not being herded into mass killing
fields by Saddam, more electric power is now available to the Iraqi
people than was before the war, the schools have all reopened, the
hospitals are all functioning, and despite the keenings of certain
media pundits, those troops returning are saying that the typical
Iraqi is not really hostile to our folks. But I guess you consider
this "losing ground", huh?

haven't caught Osama nor
Saddam,

You have your groups mixed up; it is the RCMP that "always get their
man". US military forces are not expected to be criminal posses who
swoop in and grab the bad guys at the outset (except again by certain
media elements, and maybe opposition politicians furtively looking for
topics with which to score sound bites on same-said media outlets).
You gotta have a bit of patience.

and haven't become any more secure with Homeland Security.

How many successful attacks against CONUS targets since it stood up?

We
are just as vunerable to attack today as the day after 9/11.

No we are not. As a free society we will always be somewhat vulnerable
to terrorist action, but to suggest that we are as vulnerable as we
were before 9-11 is ludicrous (but hey, that seems to be the norm for
most of your strange little posts, so I guess it is to be expected).

Brooks

Rob

Old October 20th 03, 01:52 PM
Kevin Brooks

Andreas Parsch wrote in message ...
robert arndt wrote:
[snip ..]

Its not about being a native German. It will be your govt. or military
that decides the name when the time comes. BTW, I am German by BLOOD-
you DO understand that, don't you. And IF you DO, then you know what
will inevitably happen if Germany becomes the leader of United Europe.
People weren't scared of Germany in 1935... but by 1939... uh well...
you know what happened.

Ok, I see, you're just what most people here call neo-nazi or, if in a
less politically correct mood, scum.

According to some Usenet law, I lost the discussion by calling you a
Nazi. I don't care.

Andreas

Gotta admire a guy who says what he believes. And you seem to be
rather close to the target in this case.

Brooks
Old October 20th 03, 06:42 PM
robert arndt

(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message . com...
Andreas Parsch wrote in message ...
robert arndt wrote:
[snip ..]

Its not about being a native German. It will be your govt. or military
that decides the name when the time comes. BTW, I am German by BLOOD-
you DO understand that, don't you. And IF you DO, then you know what
will inevitably happen if Germany becomes the leader of United Europe.
People weren't scared of Germany in 1935... but by 1939... uh well...
you know what happened.

Ok, I see, you're just what most people here call neo-nazi or, if in a
less politically correct mood, scum.

According to some Usenet law, I lost the discussion by calling you a
Nazi. I don't care.

Andreas

Gotta admire a guy who says what he believes. And you seem to be
rather close to the target in this case.

Brooks

Andreas is free to say what he will. I do respect his right to voice
his opinions. However, being an "Historical Realist" doesn't make me a
Nazi anymore than being a conservative Republican. I seem to find it
almost impossible to say anything pro-German without someone degrading
all of German history down to the 12 years of the Third Reich- which
was close to 60 years ago. And even though the Holocaust is almost
unforgivable, the US directly benefitted from German/Nazi technology,
ESPECIALLY in the Aerospace field. I can't stand people who try to
revise history to discredit German achievements while praising their
own. Give credit where credit is due. The US sheltered and gave
citizenship to many German war criminals after the war simply to
advance their lead in the air and in space.
And Brooks, if it makes you feel any better please note that since the
1990 census German-Americans make up the single largest ethnic
majority in the US- fact.

Rob
Old October 20th 03, 06:44 PM
Alan Minyard

On 19 Oct 2003 15:43:34 -0700, (robert arndt) wrote:

[...]

will make them stronger. Our nation OTOH is increasingly divided.
Think about that. And don't start with how powerful we are since we
are losing ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, haven't caught Osama nor
Saddam, and haven't become any more secure with Homeland Security. We
are just as vunerable to attack today as the day after 9/11.

Rob

You really do not have a clue. We are certainly NOT "losing ground in
Afghanistan and Iraq". Add that to the fact that Germany is a second
(or third) rate economy and your rant becomes ridiculous. There is no
way that the rest of Europe is going to let Germany dominate them, and
this time your "New Fuhrer" would not last. If worse came to worst, th
US would take him our.

I feel sorry for you, your "hero" died in 1945 and you have not found
another one.

Al Minyard
Old October 20th 03, 10:30 PM
phil hunt

On 19 Oct 2003 01:14:23 -0700, robert arndt wrote:

You obviously don't know about the Infanterist Der Zukunft (IDZ)
supersoldier program. It is a 3 phase program to fully integrate the
German soldier with the future electronic battlefield and involves
many revolutionary technologies. The first phase is under way with the
first IDZ soldiers operating in the Balkans since July 2002. Phase 2
will be operational by 2005-6, followed by phase 3 to be operation by
2008. By Phase 3 the German soldier will bear almost no resemblence to
a conventional soldier. Utilizing EADS technology the Phase 3 German
soldier will be an aerospace/electronic soldier fully linked to every
German weapons platform operating on air, land, and sea. This concept
is way beyond the US Land Warrior Program which is still not fielded,
even in Iraq.

In what way is it better?

Yet Germany has been steadily updating the Heer ever since
reunification and the "German Army 2020" documents suggests that
Germany is moving forward with an ambitious plan to change modern
warfare taking the old "blitzkrieg" model and speeding it up
considerably. US officials that have seen the documents are amazed by
it and what it proposes.

Which is?

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).

Old October 21st 03, 09:07 AM
robert arndt

(B2431) wrote in message ...
From:
(robert arndt)

snip

And even though the Holocaust is almost
unforgivable,

The mass murder of innocent Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill,
handicapped, Jehova's Witnesses, political opponents, Soviet POWs etc. is
"almost" unforgivable? According to the Nuremburg Tribunals 12 million human
beings were slaughtered by the Nazis for the reasons given above.

Would it have been forgivable if it were only 11 million? What do you mean by
"almost unforgivable?"

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

The Germans in WW2 killed more Soviets (over 20 million) than Jews or
any other group combined. Do you remember them or read about them in
your history books? No. Just like you don't read about Stalin killing
over 30 million of his people (including a large number who died in an
"artificial" famine created in the '30s)or Mao killing over 50 million
in China.
You seem to have "forgiven"/forgotten about them, so why not the
Germans? Hell, China commits close to 20 million abortions per year-
that's the size of a big state in the US and bigger than alot of
nations in the world. I don't hear you lamenting that or the fact that
the US commits around 2 million abortions per year. And what of the
slave trade? How many negros died on the transatlantic journey and in
the 400 years of racial discrimination in the US? You don't seem to
have a problem with that, right? Or the Indians for that matter too.
Stop being a hypocrite.

Rob
Old October 21st 03, 04:57 PM
Denyav

even though the Holocaust is almost
unforgivable, the US directly benefitted from German/Nazi technology,
ESPECIALLY in the Aerospace

The value robbed German technology is 1300 Billion US dollars by current
prices,dare to imagine what would happened if US had to pay 1300 Billion
dollars to germans as patent loyalties.
Old October 21st 03, 05:06 PM
Denyav

are certainly NOT "losing ground in
Afghanistan and Iraq". Add that to the fact that Germany is a second
(or third) rate economy and your rant becomes ridiculous. There is no
way that the rest of Europe is going to let Germany dominate them, and
this time your "New Fuhrer" would not last. If worse came to worst, th

Historicaly,the advanced nations used to dominate the others,there is no way
that an advanced country country could dominate an advanced nation for long
time.
WWII was basically a domestic disturbance between two advanced nations and of
them needed US as material and soldier depot and thats it.

FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 October 11th 04 08:24 AM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 19th 04 05:19 AM
Strategic Command Missions Rely on Space Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 30th 03 09:59 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book Jim Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 September 3rd 03 11:49 AM