Interesting "ILS or RNAV" procedure

Old September 29th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
JPH

Default Interesting "ILS or RNAV" procedure

Mitty wrote:
Hmm... where do you intercept the glide slope? WASEB? And how would
you know that?

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0610/00471IZR23R.PDF

JPH

1600 at GRAVY, that's where the lightning bolt appears.
Old September 30th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Scott Skylane

JPH wrote:
Brad wrote:

You won't see this in a procedure developed by the FAA.
Brad

I wouldn't say that. Check out the new FAAO 8260.54 Chapter 1, Para 1.0
published in June of this year;
"..... These criteria support RNAV transition to an instrument landing
system (ILS) final approach."
You can download this reg at the following website;
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ia/8260.54.pdf

JPH

Hallelujah! I've been hoping for approaches like that for a long time.
Much more efficient transitions to the final approach course.
Actually, we've been flying these kind of things for quite some time
(VMC of course!!!), just never figured that we'd see an "official" version.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old October 1st 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Huck

Very good jph that is what the lightning bolt is for!
Thank guys for bringing this approach to my attention this will be a
great plate to pullout on my instrument students. Thanks guys great
catch.
matt tiberii
cfi cfii
com asel ases amel

Old October 2nd 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Scott Skylane wrote:
//www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/afs/afs400/afs420/policies_guidance/orders/media/8260.54.pdf

JPH

Hallelujah! I've been hoping for approaches like that for a long time.
Much more efficient transitions to the final approach course. Actually,
we've been flying these kind of things for quite some time (VMC of
course!!!), just never figured that we'd see an "official" version.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

You can fly any transition in the database to an ILS under IFR/IMC.
They are overlays of ground-based transitions so sometimes they are not
all that great. Transitions designed for RNAV to the localizer will be
a whole lot better.
Old October 9th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Y'All,
After nearly 40 years of a Buchannan 7 departure procedure from Concord, CA
the Locals have found a way to reduce noise from the reseidential areas.
All procedures using the VOR are limited to one runway. All procedures
using about five different transitions must use the NDB which is having
continual maintenance problems. Shades of Chicago.
Gene Whitt