Companies Allowing Employees to Fly

Old November 26th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default Companies Allowing Employees to Fly

Up until the Compaq merger, Hewlett-Packard used to have an "employee
pilot" program. Some of the requirements were pretty stiff (time, annual
checkride with the company chief pilot, high insurance liability
coverage) and were designed to discourage VFR weekend pilots from using
their aircraft for business trips. Nevertheless, it was a reasonable
program for semi-professional pilots.

Since the influx of the Compaq management however, that program has been
completely cancelled. Even though being lobbied to re-authorize the
program, HP's current management has turned a deaf ear.