r.a.ifr barely alive

Old May 10th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default r.a.ifr barely alive

Helen Waite writes:

You're not a pilot. All you do is regurgiate stuff you've read without any
understanding of how it applies in the real world. You've never flown a
real aircraft IFR and have no idea what it is like. You just fantasize.

I thought my point was clear enough without the illustration, but thanks,
anyway.
Old May 12th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jon

On May 10, 6:09 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Helen Waite writes:
You're not a pilot. All you do is regurgiate stuff you've read without any
understanding of how it applies in the real world. You've never flown a
real aircraft IFR and have no idea what it is like. You just fantasize.

I thought my point was clear enough without the illustration, but thanks,
anyway.

She wasn't illustrating your point, but I can see why you'd "think"
she was.
Old May 15th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Scott Moore writes:

Everytime I ask a question on this group I get an amazingly nasty
response, and often, the new favorite insult is to accuse people of
being flight simulator pilots (vs. real).

This helps the person doing the insulting hide the fact that he doesn't know
anything about IFR flight.

How much IFR time do you have, MX?

There are lots of low-time pilots without
instrument ratings on these groups, and many of them are insecure and
aggressive.

So, is your instrument rating current?

-c
Old May 15th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

How much IFR time do you have, MX?

In the sim? Probably a couple thousand hours. I don't log it.

How much IMC time do you have?
Old May 15th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

How much IFR time do you have, MX?

In the sim? Probably a couple thousand hours. I don't log it.

How much IMC time do you have?

Translation: I have a couple thousand hours playing a game but don't have
the foggiest idea what real IFR flight is like.

Your a total fraud Anthony. And a moron to boot!

Old May 16th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)

On Thu, 15 May 2008 12:10:30 -0700, gatt
wrote:

How much IFR time do you have, MX?

Intel Flight Rating? G
Old May 16th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Benjamin Dover writes:

Translation: I have a couple thousand hours playing a game but don't have
the foggiest idea what real IFR flight is like.

Not much different from someone who flies under a hood but never in IMC.
Old May 16th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Benjamin Dover writes:

Translation: I have a couple thousand hours playing a game but don't
have the foggiest idea what real IFR flight is like.

Not much different from someone who flies under a hood but never in
IMC.

Really? How would you know you nitwit? You've never flown under the hood.
You don't know **** from shinola about flying Anthony. You're just a
moron.

Old May 16th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Benjamin Dover writes:

Really? How would you know you nitwit?

They are both simulations. MSFS simulates IFR flight (with or without IMC).
Flying under a hood in a real aircraft simulates IFR flight in IMC. But a
hood is not real IMC. If flying under a hood is useful (and it is), then
flying MSFS is also useful.

The fact is, anything other than the real thing is just a simulation; if
simulations are not useful, then that has to apply across the board, not just
to simulations that you prefer to dismiss. If MSFS is not useful, then
neither is flying under a hood, or looking at a drawing made by an instructor,
or examining illustrations in a book, or watching an instructional DVD.

Fortunately, all of these simulations _are_ useful and _will_ help with the
real thing. Some of them are a lot safer that the real thing, too--and the
slight loss of accuracy with respect to the real thing is more than
compensated by the reduced or eliminated risk of dying.

Now, you can poo-poo MSFS simulation of IFR in IMC and simply wait until you
encounter the real thing and pray that you deal with it correctly, but to me
it seems a lot smarter to go with the simulation, which will give you at least
some vague handle on the real thing, and that is surely better than nothing at
all.
Old May 16th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Benjamin Dover writes:

[...]

I'd call you a ****ing moron for that response, that would require
increasing your IQ by several thousand orders of magnitude. You are stupid
beyond belief Anthony.

Flying under the hood only simulates the inability to see out of the
window. You are still in a real airplane and experience the real
sensations of flight. It is quite different than sitting in front of a
ground based simulator.

If the first time you, by yourself, enter IMC and have never flown under
the hood, you'll have no idea of how the physical sensations can affect
you. Flying under the hood, which is done with a minimum of a safety pilot
in the seat next to you, does let you experience these sensations and how
they can misdirect you. You then learn how to counter your inborn
instincts to react to these physical sensations.

No one has poo-pooed MSFS simulation of IMC for what it is good for. It is
you, you dumb ****, who has constantly poo-pooed real pilots who have real
experience in IMC solely because their real world experience doesn't match
you inorantly misconcieved conclusions, based on misuse of a tool, of what
real IMC will be like.

I'd love to stick your pompous ass in a real airplane in IMC and see how
long you last. I'll bet you won't even last 90 seconds.

You, being the asshole you are, constantly misinterpet what every pilot in
this newsgroup has been telling you about MSFS. No pilot has said it
doesn't serve a purpose. It is a good tool for practicing instrument
procedures. But, like any tool, it can be misused, especially by those
(you Anthony) who don't understand the tool's limitations. MSFS is a
terrible tool to learn basic flying skills.

And, all your attempts to say otherwise is pure bull ****. You've never
flown an airplane. Other's in this forum who have flow for many years have
pointed out the differences. You, Anthony, can't comprehend what they are
saying because you lack the frame of reference. You're nothing but fecal
matter wired to a keyboard.

OS/2 is still alive Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 0 December 11th 06 04:28 AM
OS/2 is still alive Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 0 November 22nd 06 12:19 AM
Ack, it's alive! Harry K Home Built 10 August 25th 06 05:58 PM
Barely reach rudder pedals keelstrake Soaring 12 May 25th 06 01:38 AM
FA: Barely used H10 13.4 Headset Byron Miller Aviation Marketplace 0 March 27th 04 05:01 PM