Flying Mag Clueless about LPV and NACO

Old June 1st 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Greg Esres[_2_]

Default Flying Mag Clueless about LPV and NACO

Sam Spade wrote:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
When you fly an LPV (or teach it) do you teach precision or
non-precision procedures and flap settings, etc, for the final
approach
segment

Nope, you're quite right, no operational difference between the two.

BTW, can you tell me of the significance of the vertical alarm limit
(VAL) on these approaches? I find many references to it, but not
exactly sure what it means.

Old June 4th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 28, 8:29*am, Sam Spade wrote:
John T wrote:
"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Their bone was with NACO LPV charts because they don't understand
NACO's way of portraying the P-FAF with a lightening bolt. Apparently you
do. *Also, apparently a lot of their readers don't.

What's the demographic of the typical "Flying" reader?

Armchair pilots I suppose.

Not a chance. However, I do suspect that the average reader is
probably pretty old. I'd love to read Flying Mag but with a career,
family ,etc there is no chance that the issue will even get cracked
anymore.

-Robert

NACO Plates/How do you hold them? Mitty Instrument Flight Rules 14 November 4th 07 02:37 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Piloting 13 December 1st 05 10:10 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Owning 12 December 1st 05 10:10 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Instrument Flight Rules 12 December 1st 05 10:10 PM
Jep p or NACO Charts? Judah Instrument Flight Rules 66 December 9th 04 03:34 AM