Tutorial for installing Planes for CFS, CF2 and FS2002

Old August 11th 03, 08:49 PM
Timmy Ferrell

Default Tutorial for installing Planes for CFS, CF2 and FS2002

Hi all,
I'm looking for an on-line site to help me get the hang of installing planes
to the MS family of flight sims. I have dl'd them in the past I have only
about a 50 percent success rate. About the only sucess I seem to have are
those that come with a self-extractor. I realize that this isn't brain
surgery but I missed something along the line somewhere. Any help would be
appreciated..
Timmy

Old August 12th 03, 07:59 AM
Francisco E. A. Leite

Timmy Ferrell wrote:

Hi all,
I'm looking for an on-line site to help me get the hang of installing planes
to the MS family of flight sims. I have dl'd them in the past I have only
about a 50 percent success rate. About the only sucess I seem to have are
those that come with a self-extractor. I realize that this isn't brain
surgery but I missed something along the line somewhere. Any help would be
appreciated..
Timmy

Hi,

It seems that in www.netwings.org or www.simviation.com you may find
a software that does what you want, that is, a organizer. You are going to
find it on the utils or misc sections of those sites.

I, myself, prefer to do it manually. So, suppose you get an airplane file in
simviation
named corsair.zip. You download it to some directory in you machine and open
it using Winzip. Once opened, go to option extract and give the path of CFS2
dir where
you have to put the air plane,which will be sthg like C:\combaf flight
simulator 2\aircraft\corsair\
(observe that you have to put the the files existing in the corsair.zip file
inside dir \aircraft\corsair\.
Sometimes, the airplane file already contains the dir name of airplane so you
only need to type
the path till aircraft dir).

Then you just click on extract and all the plane's files will be placed on the
directories as used by CFS2.
Look at any directory of a box plane for you to have an idea of how an airplane
directory looks like.
Once you extract, go to corsair directory and check for a README file to see if
further installing
notes exist. (this you may have to do even using an organizer). If it does not
exist, then you are ready to fly
the new plane in free flight menu oin CFS2. For you to use this plane in quick
combat, you will have to install
on your machine the Quick combat editor or quick install editor (I do no
remember the name right now),
which can be found on the sites I listed above.

On the sites above as well as on microsoft official site for these simulators,
I believe you are
also going to find a tutorial on how to install new planes, scenaries, etc...

Rgds,

Francisco