$429 Dimmer Switch

Old March 16th 04, 01:40 PM
Dan Thompson

I don't have an opinion. I just want to learn. Come back and cast some
more pearls ....

Meanwhile, I did find out a couple more semi-official FAA opinions:

http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/news/arch...2002/Parts.htm

http://150cessna.tripod.com/obrienonownermadeparts.html

Again, the gist seems to be that owner made parts have to be based on
approved data of some kind. The owner can't just roll his own, no matter
how much better it is, without a field approval.

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
Ya know, this has all been great fun, but a huge time sink. I'll take the
thread up again next weekend, but I won't waste valuable engineering time

with
folks who have an honest difference of opinion. Opinion, mine as well as

yours,
are like assholes...everybody has one and most of them stink.

See ya after hours...

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

Old March 17th 04, 12:07 PM
JohnN3TWN

Again, the gist seems to be that owner made parts have to be based on
approved data of some kind. The owner can't just roll his own, no matter
how much better it is, without a field approval.

Yup...there is the key. And by regs, the installing mechanic is responsible
for assuring this to be so.

And Jim, I'll be back this weekend when I have more time.....with my "smelly"
opinion