OL927 01.JPG (0/1)

Old July 20th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Long

Default OL927 01.JPG (0/1)

OL' 927's First Flight

All:

Some days one can be so lucky to be in the right place at the right
time. Yesterday, July 14, 2007, was one of those days for me. It was the first
flight of the transformed OL' 927 from the Diamond Lil and in-flight
pictures needed to be taken. I had my trusty Nikon Coolpix camera
ready to go. Neils Agather was flying his Beech 18 as pilots Bill
Goeken and Mack Deeds were piloting the B-24A along with Gary Austin (who
masterminded the new look and refurbishment) as the Flight Engineer and
Don O'Breiter as Load Master for the first flight. This is what this
airplane looked like when she was new in 1941 with the exception of the name.
The airplane performed flawlessly over the entire weekend as she again
qualified proud pilots and flight engineers for this year's tour season. During the
weekend some of us were able to try out the waist gun, the tail gun position, and
just the overall new look of our girl in the next set of pics. I took a number of
pictures and here is a sample. You decide which one(s) you like the best.
I just like them all. She is just a great looking bird at any angle.

Jim Gentry
Flight Engineer, etc,
B-29/B-24A Squadron (please note the B-24A)
Old July 21st 07, 06:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

WOW - That is one beautiful airplane- and outstanding photography - THANK
YOU for being in the right place at the right time. Can you post a tour
schedule - if it is anywhere on the west coast I'll do my best to get to see
it.

Jack G.

Old July 21st 07, 09:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Jack G" wrote in
:

WOW - That is one beautiful airplane- and outstanding photography -
THANK YOU for being in the right place at the right time. Can you
post a tour schedule - if it is anywhere on the west coast I'll do my
best to get to see it.

Jack G.

Second the "Wow"!

Very nice all around.