Excel Worksheet and Chart

Old October 29th 03, 11:09 AM
Paul

Default Excel Worksheet and Chart

I'm currently working at creating an Excel file on my Palm that would allow
me to easily calculate the distances for take off and landing on my 172 for
every situation...

Does anyone of you use this kind of file (with a chart) for the "weight and
balance"? Would it be possible to have a copy or an example of the file that
I could use with my own numbers?

Thank you and good flight to you all

--
Paul

Old October 29th 03, 11:53 AM
dharakos

This might be a good starting point for you.

http://www.flightclub.com.au/wb/

Regards,
David Harakos

--
dharakos
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old October 29th 03, 03:33 PM
blanche cohen

Unless you're interested in the activity as a learning expeerience,
there are very low-cost programs that this -- check out
the "aviation" topic in handango or other palm-related websites.
Should be about $8-10.

And for W&B, CoPilot by Laurie Davis is probably the most
cost-effective software for palm -- again, check the palm-related
websites.

Old October 29th 03, 03:56 PM
Paul

Thank you David

This is what I need. I will have to "simpliflied it" a lttle bit because of
the capability of the Palm, but it will be perfect.

Thank you again

Paul

Old October 29th 03, 04:00 PM
Paul

Thank you you to,
I used Laurie Davis software since 2-3 years. It's great. But I'm building
up a speadsheet for Takeoff and Landing calculation... after a near crash
Takeoff this summer from a short & windy runway.

Paul

Old October 29th 03, 06:46 PM
Larry Fransson

On 2003-10-29 03:09:29 -0800, (null) said:

I'm currently working at creating an Excel file on my Palm that would allow
me to easily calculate the distances for take off and landing on my 172 for
every situation...

Does anyone of you use this kind of file (with a chart) for the "weight and
balance"?

I created an Excel spreadsheet for doing Lear 35 weight & balance on my Palm. It probably functions similarly to what you want in that it does lookup and interpolation for fuel moments. It doesn't do any charting, though. Contact me by e-mail if you're interested.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA

Old October 29th 03, 08:54 PM
Sridhar Rajagopal

I have a simple w&b chart in my navlog spreadsheet.

http://www.geocities.com/sridhar007/flying.html - Click on Software,
or Planning . version 4.0

-Sridhar

Old October 29th 03, 09:03 PM
Paul

Tjhank you Sridhar,

But your chart is password protected... So I can't check it. (Palm do not
support "XY (Scatter)") chart !

Paul

de ...

Old October 29th 03, 09:31 PM
blanche cohen

The numbers you really want are on the Type spec for the aircraft. All
of these can be found on the FAA's website. That takes care of the
W&B issues.

For the TO&Landing numbers, you need to "optimum" numbers from the
manufacturer. They should be in the POH for the aircraft. Additionally
the "fudge factors" for various factors (dry grass, wet gradd, slope,
temp, runway length, etc) are either in the POH or supplemental
documentation. If you can't easily find it, check various web
sites such as AOPA Safety Foundation and FAA.

For example, the ASA lists these multiply factors for both the
Cherokees (and Warriors) and the Cessna 172:

Take off

Variation Factor
10% increase in aircraft weight 1.2
Each 1000 ft increase altitude 1.1
Each +10 deg C increase in temp 1.1
Dry, short grass 1.2
Dry, long grass 1.25
Wet, short grass 1.25
Wet, long grass 1.3

Each 2% uphill slope 1.1
Tailwind that's more than 10% of
your lift-off speed 1.2

Landing

Variation Factor
10% increase in aircraft weight 1.1
Each 1000 ft increase altitude 1.05
Each +10 deg C increase in temp 1.05
Dry, short grass 1.2
Dry, long grass 1.3
Wet, short grass 1.3
Wet, long grass 1.4

Each 2% uphill slope 1.2
Tailwind that's more than 10% of
your lift-off speed 1.2

Consider a Cherokee 180 at altitude of 1500 ft on a 25C day,
flat concrete, no tailwind, weigh of 1700 pounds. Then from the Piper
tables the TO distance is 2200 feet -- on a good day, with a brand new
aircraft and a test pilot. Personally, I'd plan for 3000 or more!
Old October 30th 03, 09:52 PM
Sridhar Rajagopal

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"
title/title
/head
body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff"
I've added an unprotected version br
br
a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocities.com/sridhar007/flightplan_4_unp.xls"http://www.geocities.com/sridhar007/flightplan_4_unp.xls/abr
br
-Sridharbr
br
Paul wrote:br
blockquote type="cite"
"
pre wrap=""Tjhank you Sridhar,

But your chart is password protected... So I can't check it. (Palm do not
support "XY (Scatter)") chart !

Paul

"Sridhar Rajagopal" a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" "<sri >/a a écrit dans le message
de a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" "news:7 /a...
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""I have a simple w&b chart in my navlog spreadsheet.

a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocities.com/sridhar007/flying.html"http://www.geocities.com/sridhar007/flying.html/a -> Click on Software,
or Planning . version 4.0

-Sridhar

Paul wrote:

/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""I'm currently working at creating an Excel file on my Palm that would
/pre
/blockquote
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----allow
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""me to easily calculate the distances for take off and landing on my 172
/pre
/blockquote
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----for
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""every situation...

Does anyone of you use this kind of file (with a chart) for the "weight
/pre
/blockquote
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----and
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""balance"? Would it be possible to have a copy or an example of the file
/pre
/blockquote
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----that
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""I could use with my own numbers?

Thank you and good flight to you all

/pre
/blockquote
/blockquote