Getting confused with ATC order...Violation?

Old April 5th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Getting confused with ATC order...Violation?

On 2008-04-04, Private wrote:
Technically, ATC has no jurisdiction to "victor" VFR aircraft

I hesitate to nitpick an otherwise excelent post, but for the benefit of
the
OP wish to note that the correct spelling should be "vector".
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vector

"Got the vector, Victor?"

"Roger Roger"

Old April 5th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
C J Campbell writes:

They do die in real airplanes, though, and the FAA has held that a
pilot who reads back an erroneous clearance is still required to fly
the one given him by ATC, even if ATC doesn't correct him.

But that is a physical impossibility. If the pilot heard 110 instead
of 210 because of static, and he reads back and flies 110, and ATC
doesn't correct him, how is the pilot to magically know what ATC
really said and magically fly that?

That's because you'r enot a pilot, you're an idiot.

When advice is needed on how to make a good burger out of dumpster
scraps, we'll call you.

Bertie
Old April 5th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 4, 7:39 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

When advice is needed on how to make a good burger out of dumpster
scraps, we'll call you.

Bertie

You gotta put some kind of warning into your posts --"Don't drink
juice while reading"

That's the second time in a week...

sheese...

Old April 5th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Old April 5th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Mxsmanic wrote:

I've done endless readbacks on VATSIM, and they are just like the real thing.

How exactly would you know this? The fact that you think a readback keeps
you safe from the FAA would lead me to believe that you don't really know
much about it at all. Much as you protest, things in the real world are not
the same as they are in your fantasy land.

I know more about ATC than many VFR private pilots know.

VFR pilots have actually communicated with ATC. You have never done so.
Excuse me if I'm not impressed with your self assesment.

John Galban

Old April 5th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-04-04 16:39:05 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
C J Campbell writes:

They do die in real airplanes, though, and the FAA has held that a
pilot who reads back an erroneous clearance is still required to fly
the one given him by ATC, even if ATC doesn't correct him.

But that is a physical impossibility. If the pilot heard 110 instead
of 210 because of static, and he reads back and flies 110, and ATC
doesn't correct him, how is the pilot to magically know what ATC
really said and magically fly that?

That's because you'r enot a pilot, you're an idiot.

When advice is needed on how to make a good burger out of dumpster
scraps, we'll call you.

Bertie

Too bad Anthony really isn't a pilot. His epitaph would be "Died of a
physical impossibility."

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old April 5th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-04-04 08:53:46 -0700, "Steven P. McNicoll"
said:

On Apr 4, 7:55 am, C J Campbell
wrote:

They do die in real airplanes, though, and the FAA has held that a
pilot who reads back an erroneous clearance is still required to fly
the one given him by ATC, even if ATC doesn't correct him.

The FAA hasn't held that at all.

Sorry. You are right. It was the NTSB in the Merrell case, 1999.

Old April 5th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

On 2008-04-04 08:53:46 -0700, "Steven P. McNicoll"
said:

On Apr 4, 7:55 am, C J Campbell
wrote:

They do die in real airplanes, though, and the FAA has held that a
pilot who reads back an erroneous clearance is still required to fly
the one given him by ATC, even if ATC doesn't correct him.

The FAA hasn't held that at all.

Sorry. You are right. It was the NTSB in the Merrell case, 1999.

Thanks for mentioning that case - I was curious and looked it up. Got
several hits, including this helpful one:

http://www.aviationlawcorp.com/content/dangerous.html