Prairie Aviation Museum PIREP

Old October 18th 05, 04:56 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Prairie Aviation Museum PIREP

Recently a poster recommended adding the Prairie Aviation Museum to our
list of "Fly-In Aviation Museums" (See:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_...on_museums.htm) -- which was
a real "doh!" moment for me, since these fine folks had actually stayed
with us at the inn this past August.

To make up for this oversight, we flew over to Bloomington, IL (KBMI)to
visit their museum this past Sunday.

See a PIREP and some pix he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/prairie...ion_museum.htm

All in all, a very fun place to visit!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 18th 05, 07:01 PM
Bill

On 18 Oct 2005 08:56:12 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Recently a poster recommended adding the Prairie Aviation Museum to our
list of "Fly-In Aviation Museums" (See:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_...on_museums.htm) -- which was
a real "doh!" moment for me, since these fine folks had actually stayed
with us at the inn this past August.

To make up for this oversight, we flew over to Bloomington, IL (KBMI)to
visit their museum this past Sunday.

See a PIREP and some pix he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/prairie...ion_museum.htm

All in all, a very fun place to visit!

That's in our database as well. Would you go post a comment for that
destination at www.adventurepilot.com ?

Just do destinations/search and do keyword search for "prairie" and
location "anywhere"

Thanks!

Bill Strahan
Old October 18th 05, 08:07 PM
Jay Honeck

All in all, a very fun place to visit!

That's in our database as well. Would you go post a comment for that
destination at www.adventurepilot.com ?

Just do destinations/search and do keyword search for "prairie" and
location "anywhere"

Done!

BTW: VERY cool website, Bill -- great idea! It's exactly what I've
been looking for, and I signed up immediately. I bet I'll be using it
a lot.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 18th 05, 08:52 PM
Bill

On 18 Oct 2005 12:07:15 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

All in all, a very fun place to visit!

That's in our database as well. Would you go post a comment for that
destination at www.adventurepilot.com ?

Just do destinations/search and do keyword search for "prairie" and
location "anywhere"

Done!

BTW: VERY cool website, Bill -- great idea! It's exactly what I've
been looking for, and I signed up immediately. I bet I'll be using it
a lot.

Wow, thanks! We've been working on it since March of this year.
Wrote on our mapping engine, destination search engine, etc. It's
been a ton of development but also a ton of fun.

We're flying up to MPJ this Saturday to go camping and take a much
needed break from the nonstop coding. If you know anyone looking for
a weekend destination, send 'em to Petit Jean and tell them to look
for us.

Bill Strahan
Old October 18th 05, 09:28 PM
Jay Honeck

We're flying up to MPJ this Saturday to go camping and take a much
needed break from the nonstop coding. If you know anyone looking for
a weekend destination, send 'em to Petit Jean and tell them to look
for us.

You're gonna have to post a PIREP of this place. I've been thinking
about going there for a couple of years. It's less than 3 hours from
here!

How close to your plane can you camp at MPJ?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 18th 05, 10:04 PM
Bill

On 18 Oct 2005 13:28:14 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

We're flying up to MPJ this Saturday to go camping and take a much
needed break from the nonstop coding. If you know anyone looking for
a weekend destination, send 'em to Petit Jean and tell them to look
for us.

You're gonna have to post a PIREP of this place. I've been thinking
about going there for a couple of years. It's less than 3 hours from
here!

How close to your plane can you camp at MPJ?

MPJ is awesome! I've been 9 times. We have an article about it on
our website written by my German pilot friend, Jens. It was his first
trip in a plane since he got his license!

Basically, there is a large tiedown area at the threshold end of
Runway 3 that could easily accomodate 10 planes, although I've never
seen more than two, and one of those was always mine!

Once you tie down (bring your own rope), you walk through a small gate
and you're in the camping area that is reserved for pilot camping
only. There is no ther camping connected to it, and you can see the
planes from most of the campsites. You're pretty close to the planes
if you want to be. There are either 5 or 6 sites. Each has a picnic
table, fire ring, grill, electricity, water, lantern holder...it's not
roughing it for sure.

There are also showers, bathrooms, and water fountains. If you bring
food, matches, and a tent you're got it 95% covered.

We should get up there Saturday morning, weather permitting. I told
everyone in our last newsletter that we were going, and have had a
couple of people say the'd come up as well. There will be eight of us
in our Grumman and a rented Cherokee Six.

English isn't perfect, but he talks about the location, and some of
the sites around there. He also put a few pictures in his article.

Hope to see you there.

Bill Strahan
Old October 19th 05, 09:18 PM
Jay Honeck

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the PIREP. We won't be able to get away until possibly the week
of Thanksgiving. How's the weather down there, that late in the fall?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Can You Name an "Aircraft-Accessible" Aviation Museum? Jay Honeck Home Built 90 July 11th 16 01:49 AM
PIREP CAF Museum xxx Piloting 0 July 31st 05 04:39 AM
Airmens' Freedoms Threatened by Harsh Congressional Proposals Larry Dighera Piloting 24 July 29th 05 06:15 PM
Air and Space Museum Invites Aviation Vets to Opening Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 29th 03 03:36 AM