Another E glider concept

Old September 9th 20, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo 58[_2_]

Default Ka6e for Tall Pilots

Yes, there is little to be done other than structural work. I last
flew a Ka6e in 1970. I loved it. There is a mod that extends the
nose and remounts the rudder pedals. I am seeking details. I’m
not sure it is practical, but time will tell! I am hopeful that as one
Ka6e has been modified, there might be a case for “grandfather
rights” for the modification.
At 01:42 09 September 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 19:21 08 September 2020, Kilo 58 wrote:
Some time ago, I read about a Dutch Ka6e that had been

modified
for tall pilots. I am 6 foot 5 inches (197 cm) tall. I can’t find

th

article to follow-up on what modifications were done and what
height Pilot could be accommodated. If anyone knows about

this,
I would be grateful for a few hints

We had a Ka.6E when I was young. To fit my 6'2" frame into it,

we
made a new instrument panel with high leg cut-outs and

extended
the center part down to the floor to make it a pedestal (to
accommodate the now displaced instruments). Then, the seat

back
was removed and we found a parachute rigger who packed our

chute
in a triangular wedge shape that sat on top of the wheel well.

With
those modifications, I barely fit. I don't know if if one can

squeeze
enough more from that to fit someone who is 6'5" though.

RO

Old September 9th 20, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo 58[_2_]

Ah-ha. Now we are getting there. I will be in touch Eric.
At 12:32 09 September 2020, Eric Munk wrote:
Schleicher has TN16 which details mods for taller pilots. The

Dutch
mod was extensive rebuild of the front fuselage, basically 10 cm
longer nose from main bulkhead forward. Done through local
approval by GWL.

Old September 13th 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Low Tow v Normal Tow

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting figures for tug upsets
worldwide.
I am particularly interested in the figures for Australia comparing them
with the rest of the world.
Ideally I would like figures for the total aerotows completed by country
as well as the tug upset figures to be able to make a statistical
comparison.

Old September 17th 20, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jon Hill

Default 17/09/2020 rasp

rasp forecast almost nil convection, 15-20knts ENE at Kenley we had
streets giving straight line lift of 4-6 m/s almost all day, cruising east

to Biggin Hills's ATZ to watch the biz jets fly there landing circuit then

back down wind to M25 J7 at 80 and 90 knts in a Grob 103!!! Why did
rasdp have it so wrong???