Rafale/Gripen Comparison

Old December 6th 03, 11:05 AM
Mike

Ok with you.We have the same problem.for example,in the 80's,some sales of
the early M2000s were lost because we could not export the RDI radar,and the
RDM,that was proposed,was really ....

But I don't think this can make a difference on export sales between JAS39
and Rafale.We could have the same problem on some markets,not because of a
foreign govt,like for the Gripen,but because of our.

"Harry Andreas" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article , "Mike"
wrote:

Ah?
You really think it isn't more easy to sell a single engine that a
twin,which is 50% more expensive?And that there are as many markets for

it?
So,why didn't you sell as many F.15s as F.16s?

The Gripen is a very good fighter,but the comparison with the Rafale is
curious.I would rather compare it to the F.16-60 or the Mirage

2000-5.But I
maybe wrong.

The US approval is not often a problem when it can help beating a french
plane on a market you know...And it has not been for the Gripen yet...
Let's bet it won't change!

Cost/price is a lot different than exportability. Some relatively

inexpensive
things just cannot be exported under existing rules.

For example: EW firmware held up the sale of the F-16 Block 60 to the UAE
for a really long time. The cost wasn't an issue at all.

While I agree that maybe the Rafale and Gripen are not a good comparison,
I was just commenting on someone else's email.

regards

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur

Old December 8th 03, 08:04 PM
Alan Minyard

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:07:04 GMT, "Bjørnar Bolsøy" wrote:

(The Enlightenment) wrote in
om:

The JAS 39 is in service. The Rafael is not.

I believe the Rafale M has been fully squadron operational
on the Charles De Gaulle since the summer of 2002.

Regards...

The Rafale and the CdG, made for each other Talk about disasters!!

Al Minyard