Don't point RPGs at US soldiers!

Old June 19th 04, 07:46 AM
John Keeney

"Dav1936531" wrote in message
From: Andrew

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

Looks like that guy gets one through the chest and a quick follow-up head

shot.
Great shooting by whomever. But...I think a couple of rounds to his RPG
launcher are in order to deactivate it from being picked up and used by

someone
else.

The speed of the sucessive shots leads me to believe that this guy was not

the
victim of a US Marine sniper, since most of them are using bolt action

rifles
from my understanding. The shots just seem to come too quickly to have

cycled
the bolt that fast (could be wrong though).

Clearly a weapon on full auto.
I suspect a SAW: not enough damage for a heavier caliber and more
rounds down range for "burst" mode on a M-16/M-4.

Further, the sniper may have been able to lure the dead guy's compatriots

out
into the street had he held off firing the follow up kill shot to the

head.

The head just happened to be in the dispersal pattern.

Just wound the guy on the first shot and wait for his buddies to come out

and
"rescue" him.......and then drill them all too. Make a pile of them in the
street......however, the insurgent fighters may be "on" to that tactic

already.

Old June 19th 04, 08:00 AM
John Keeney

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

Most Army snipers use a Remington bolt action (M-24 IIRC) these days; your
"tricked up" M-14 (actually known as the M-21) has been in the decline (if
it is not completely replaced already) for years now.

Marksmen (Sniper Light) in Iraq are still carrying M-14s (I can't get used
calling them anything else). Lucky guys get that and the M-16 / M-4.

Old June 19th 04, 12:55 PM
David Wallace

Looks like that guy gets one through the chest and a quick
follow-up head shot.

Frame by frame there's one (tracer, pretty large calibre) round from the
front that exits in the middle of his lower back, he falls over, gets a
rifle bullet through the head from the same direction as the first shot
and and finally a tracer round through the chest which comes from the
left side and that knocks him completely down.

The bullet tracks are all quite clear on frame-by-frame.

Dave.
Old June 19th 04, 03:05 PM
Peter Kemp

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:40:04 -0500, "tscottme"
wrote:

Under Islam there is no way to know if you will make it to Allah's
Brothel, Bar & Grill except by dying in action against the infidel.

So it's exactly the same as Protestant Christianity then in that you
can't tell until you're dead?

So
I say we start making a few million of them certain. The detainees in
Gitmo would be a good place to start, they aren't doing much any way.

True - after all why go to the expense of trials or evidence - after
all they must be guilty or they wouldn't be there, despite all those
released as being harmless (although at least one released *was* a bad
guy)

It's not racists to deport every illegal alien and it's not racist to
kill anyone infiltrating our borders.

But who will mow your lawns, bus your tables and so on?

Nobody has a right to be in this
country but citizens and invited guests. Let the radicals live in
Europe. Maybe when Europe gets tired of the Dhimmitude they will even
fight back, rather than just arrest the radicals after each car bomb.

Most of the car bombs in Europe are domestic (PIRA/CIRA/ETA), but
don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

We could end this war by the end of the week, if we had the will and the
leadership. As long as we allow the indigenous populations to conclude
it's more dangerous to decline the invitation of the Islamists than
raise a hand against the US, this cancer will spread. We can be far
more deadly than the Islamists ever dreamed of we just won't pull the
trigger and do it. It seems very much like 1930s Europe. We have the
Mien Kampf in the fatwas and the Koran, we have identified the Nazis
named Wahhabi and Salafi, as always we have the Appeasement
Establishment, we even have the French as a thorn in our side.

So, to be clear, your basic plan is to threaten to destroy cities
considered holy by over 1.3 Billion people, including over 6 million
US citizens (according to the State Department)?

Even if only 1 million of those in the US are capable of starting an
uprising here using their 2nd Amendment legal semi-auto AR-15 rifles,
can you guess the death toll when they snap? Or would you open up
Manzana again and intern them for being of the wrong religion?

Peter Kemp