A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

MM Fabrication Wing Wheel

Old March 10th 16, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

Default MM Fabrication Wing Wheel

I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality.

When I was about to make a decision which wing wheel to buy I looked for information here and I did not find much. This is the reason I am posting this note.

Andrzej

Old March 10th 16, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

A "second" for MM Fabrication wing wheels. Mark built one for the FJ-1. Quality and fit is fabulous.

And in case you are wondering, the FJ-1 (From the January and February 2016 issues of SOARING) is alive and well and living in Kansas. I am adding pictures, but here is a bit more history on the bird.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115961928359530256891/FJ1

Steve Leonard
Old March 10th 16, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Ditto on Mark Mocho and MM Fabrication. Mark has built wing wheels and tow bars for me over the years for 4 different gliders and they all fit perfectly and have worked flawlessly. Almost every glider at Moriarty uses Mark's wing wheels and tow bars and his products do really perform and are highly recommended!
Thx - Renny
Old March 10th 16, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 5:24:52 PM UTC-8, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality.

When I was about to make a decision which wing wheel to buy I looked for information here and I did not find much. This is the reason I am posting this note.

Andrzej

Have both the wing wheel and tow bar for my Ventus.

Great stuff

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old March 10th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU
external usenet poster

The least we can do is provide a link.

http://www.mmfabrication.com

Boggs
Old March 10th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF
external usenet poster

MM Fabrication's booth was next to our club booth at the 2016 SSA Convention, so I spent some quality time looking at their finished products over the three days of the convention. Fantastic design & build quality, I'll call them the next time I need a wing wheel. That may not be too long, my current wing wheel is an SF mod #4 of the original Udo fabricated wing wheel that came with the airplane when I bought it. So far, towing the glider a mile down the runway at a contest with the wings full of water for a week or two, has painfully revealed various previously undiscovered design flaws in the Udo & SF design.

SF
Old March 11th 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:24:52 PM UTC-6, Andrzej Kobus wrote:

Andrzej

While visiting the field that MM operates out of in 2014, Mark personally made a template of the wing of my DG-300, after checking and trimming the fit twice, he fabricated a beautiful custom fit wing wheel for my ship. His work is first class. I also have the tow bar from MM. If you visit his place make time to have a cold beer from the local brewery with him. Two ailerons up for Mark.