MM Fabrication Wing Wheel

Old March 10th 16, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default MM Fabrication Wing Wheel

I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality.

When I was about to make a decision which wing wheel to buy I looked for information here and I did not find much. This is the reason I am posting this note.

Andrzej

Old March 10th 16, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

A "second" for MM Fabrication wing wheels. Mark built one for the FJ-1. Quality and fit is fabulous.

And in case you are wondering, the FJ-1 (From the January and February 2016 issues of SOARING) is alive and well and living in Kansas. I am adding pictures, but here is a bit more history on the bird.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115961928359530256891/FJ1

Steve Leonard
Old March 10th 16, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ditto on Mark Mocho and MM Fabrication. Mark has built wing wheels and tow bars for me over the years for 4 different gliders and they all fit perfectly and have worked flawlessly. Almost every glider at Moriarty uses Mark's wing wheels and tow bars and his products do really perform and are highly recommended!
Thx - Renny
Old March 10th 16, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 5:24:52 PM UTC-8, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality.

When I was about to make a decision which wing wheel to buy I looked for information here and I did not find much. This is the reason I am posting this note.

Andrzej

Have both the wing wheel and tow bar for my Ventus.

Great stuff

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old March 10th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

The least we can do is provide a link.

http://www.mmfabrication.com

Boggs
Old March 10th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

MM Fabrication's booth was next to our club booth at the 2016 SSA Convention, so I spent some quality time looking at their finished products over the three days of the convention. Fantastic design & build quality, I'll call them the next time I need a wing wheel. That may not be too long, my current wing wheel is an SF mod #4 of the original Udo fabricated wing wheel that came with the airplane when I bought it. So far, towing the glider a mile down the runway at a contest with the wings full of water for a week or two, has painfully revealed various previously undiscovered design flaws in the Udo & SF design.

SF
Old March 11th 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:24:52 PM UTC-6, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality.

When I was about to make a decision which wing wheel to buy I looked for information here and I did not find much. This is the reason I am posting this note.

Andrzej

While visiting the field that MM operates out of in 2014, Mark personally made a template of the wing of my DG-300, after checking and trimming the fit twice, he fabricated a beautiful custom fit wing wheel for my ship. His work is first class. I also have the tow bar from MM. If you visit his place make time to have a cold beer from the local brewery with him. Two ailerons up for Mark.

Wing Rigger acquired by MM Fabrication LLC Mark628CA Soaring 0 October 26th 14 02:45 AM
Youth soaring program looking for wing wheel for large-chord wing Jay[_2_] Soaring 1 September 17th 14 02:44 AM
FS - IMI Wing Wheel slbair Soaring 0 September 17th 13 04:27 PM
Wing Wheel - Std Libelle [email protected] Soaring 0 August 13th 13 11:49 PM
Tow-Out Wing Wheel [email protected] Soaring 0 July 13th 06 11:49 PM