Rosie, pt 6 - Rosie 71.jpg (1/1)

Old August 26th 16, 01:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_3_]

Default Rosie, pt 6 - Rosie 71.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie 71.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	87981
Old August 31st 16, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Charles Lindbergh[_2_]

This is a tough one, I think she might be working on the tail assembly of a Martin Mariner. At first I
thought it was a PBY, but it just doesn't look right.
Old August 31st 16, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

wrote:

This is a tough one, I think she might be working on the tail assembly
of a Martin Mariner. At first I thought it was a PBY, but it just
doesn't look right.

PBY tail

foot pegs, fillit to the horizontal stabilizer and access panels match to
PBY , as does the US Navy logo location ( for the time period )

Lorena Craig is cowler under civil service at the Naval Air Base,
Corpus Christi, Texas
1942 August Hollem, Howard R.,, photographer.
Old September 1st 16, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Charles Lindbergh[_2_]

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:43:11 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

wrote:

This is a tough one, I think she might be working on the tail assembly
of a Martin Mariner. At first I thought it was a PBY, but it just
doesn't look right.

PBY tail

foot pegs, fillit to the horizontal stabilizer and access panels match to
PBY , as does the US Navy logo location ( for the time period )

Do you have a link to whatever reference material you used to come to your conclusion? I would enjoy
reviewing it.

Old September 1st 16, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default Rosie, pt 6 - Rosie 71.jpg (1/1) - 2 attachments

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:43:11 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
m:

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/oem...5/PP/resource/

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/oem2002005578/PP/

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/oem2002005571/PP/

http://cdn.loc.gov/service/pnp/fsac/...0/1a34884v.jpg

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/5e3cda2a07043acb_large

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/0edf6c7e6312e146_large

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/7e723e0c6a3b2364_large

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1992000919/PP/

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/fsa.8b04593/

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...e6312e146.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pegs 3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	88244  Click image for larger version

Name:	pegs.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	88245
Old September 1st 16, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default Rosie, pt 6 - Rosie 71.jpg (1/1) - 1 attachment

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:43:11 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
m:

wrote:

This is a tough one, I think she might be working on the tail
assembly of a Martin Mariner. At first I thought it was a PBY, but
it just doesn't look right.

PBY tail

foot pegs, fillit to the horizontal stabilizer and access panels
match to
PBY , as does the US Navy logo location ( for the time period )

Do you have a link to whatever reference material you used to come to
your conclusion? I would enjoy reviewing it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pegs 2  access panel.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	88246
Old September 3rd 16, 03:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Charles Lindbergh

On Thu, 01 Sep 2016 14:13:27 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:43:11 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Good job, thanks for posting. Looks like my first reaction was the
correct one and of course, you were right.