Restored B-17 Flying video

Old November 7th 05, 06:29 PM
C. Massey

Default Restored B-17 Flying video

I tried to give Jay first dibs on this video, but apparently he doesn't want
it.

It's a fully restored B-17 and the video (shot about 1 week ago) shows the
engines starting, takeoff, flying and the landing. It's 56 meg and almost 14
minutes long. Pretty cool video.

http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

The B-17 is house at a museum at Meacham Field (KTFW) in Ft. Worth. Their
webpage is http://www.vintageflyingmuseum.org

Hope that you enjoy the video...

Old November 7th 05, 08:19 PM
Montblack

("C. Massey" wrote)
It's a fully restored B-17 and the video (shot about 1 week ago) shows the
engines starting, takeoff, flying and the landing. It's 56 meg and almost
14 minutes long. Pretty cool video.

http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

The B-17 is house at a museum at Meacham Field (KTFW) in Ft. Worth. Their
webpage is http://www.vintageflyingmuseum.org

Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

Meacham Field (KTFW) is where that Airport Hotel is for sale. I was looking
for it in the video.
http://www.scogginblue.com/B/tx/fortworth/80sai
Sandpiper Airport Inn for Sale
Fort Worth, Texas (KTFW)

Montblack

Old November 7th 05, 08:40 PM
C. Massey

"Montblack" wrote in message
("C. Massey" wrote)
It's a fully restored B-17 and the video (shot about 1 week ago) shows
the engines starting, takeoff, flying and the landing. It's 56 meg and
almost 14 minutes long. Pretty cool video.

http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

The B-17 is house at a museum at Meacham Field (KTFW) in Ft. Worth. Their
webpage is http://www.vintageflyingmuseum.org

Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

Meacham Field (KTFW) is where that Airport Hotel is for sale. I was
looking for it in the video.
http://www.scogginblue.com/B/tx/fortworth/80sai
Sandpiper Airport Inn for Sale
Fort Worth, Texas (KTFW)

The Sandpiper Inn is shown at:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4000+U...0.040770&hl=en

If you look SW at the intersection on Ross Ave and Falcon Way, that is where
the B-17 is hangered at the museum.

Old November 7th 05, 09:07 PM
Montblack

Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

There is a funny part when the camera person, in the bombardier's seat in
the B-17's nose, slowly zooms in on a river bridge. I laughed.

Montblack

Old November 7th 05, 10:09 PM
C. Massey

"Montblack" wrote in message
Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

There is a funny part when the camera person, in the bombardier's seat in
the B-17's nose, slowly zooms in on a river bridge. I laughed.

I guess that didn't click until you mentioned it. haha

Old November 8th 05, 02:47 AM
john smith

In article ,
"C. Massey" wrote:

"Montblack" wrote in message
Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

There is a funny part when the camera person, in the bombardier's seat in
the B-17's nose, slowly zooms in on a river bridge. I laughed.

I guess that didn't click until you mentioned it. haha

I missed the crosshairs.
Old November 8th 05, 03:28 AM
George Patterson

C. Massey wrote:

It's a fully restored B-17 and the video (shot about 1 week ago) shows the
engines starting, takeoff, flying and the landing. It's 56 meg and almost 14
minutes long. Pretty cool video.

If we take up a collection, can we get that to fly over Skylune's house at 50'?

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old November 8th 05, 04:19 AM
Jay Honeck

I tried to give Jay first dibs on this video, but apparently he doesn't
want it.

You did? Sorry, I must not have received your dib...

I've received a BUNCH of new videos lately, though. I may have just missed
yours. (I get between 50 and 75 emails per DAY nowadays...)

It's a fully restored B-17 and the video (shot about 1 week ago) shows the
engines starting, takeoff, flying and the landing. It's 56 meg and almost
14 minutes long. Pretty cool video.

56 megabytes? Man, Jav has told me that we've got unlimited server space,
but *that* might push even him over the edge!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 8th 05, 04:57 AM
N93332

"Montblack" wrote in message
Fun video. I wish the filmaker could have gotten up to the top turret.
http://www.wotelectronics.com/B17.wmv

There is a funny part when the camera person, in the bombardier's seat in
the B-17's nose, slowly zooms in on a river bridge. I laughed.

Great video! I just wished it had more views from around inside the plane
besides from behind the nose gunner seat. Is that a B-17H?

My father and I took a ride on Collin's B-17 a couple years ago when it was
up at ANE. It was the first time in over 55 years my dad had flown in a B-17
(www.100thbg.org). I have a video of that great experience but haven't
converted it to play on a computer yet.

-Greg B.

Old November 8th 05, 09:17 AM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
56 megabytes? Man, Jav has told me that we've got unlimited server space,
but *that* might push even him over the edge!

It could be edited down from 14 minutes to about 4 or 5 minutes.

Montblack
"Spiders. Work with me." - Director
Arachnophobia (1990)