Wing Bubbles and re-surfacing

Old December 10th 04, 10:34 PM
Doug Hoffman

In article ,
Robin Birch wrote:

For what it's worth
We have an on going discussion in my club (in the UK where in winter it
is cold and DAMP) about storing aircraft to avoid osmosis and bumps.
One of our club syndicates have kept a discus for some years and are now
keeping a ventus without any trouble by completely sealing a the trailer
vents and installing an industrial grade de-humidifier within the
trailer. This is permanently connected to power, it only uses a few
pounds worth of electric every year and so is well worth the cost.

Yes. I've been doing that for years. Except I find that a cheap (about
$150 US) standard-issue dehumidifier does the trick. But this is only
for when I bring the glider home to work on. Normally it is in a hangar
(glider in trailer, trailer in hangar) and doesn't seem to require the
dehumidifier there. If I were to keep my glider in the trailer, trailer
outside, during the hot and dry summer months I might be a bit concerned
about inside trailer temps without open vents. Not sure. I agree with
your energy use observation. I couldn't detect an increase looking at
my billing statements. Not that I would care much even if I could.

Regards,

-Doug (in often very wet Michigan)

Humpback whales - a source of new aerodynamics? Martin Gregorie Soaring 6 May 28th 04 08:47 PM
Thermal mapping John Soaring 35 April 27th 04 04:29 PM
DuoDiscus Wing Duane Eisenbeiss Soaring 27 October 31st 03 02:34 AM
Restoring bubbles... The Raven Restoration 4 July 7th 03 06:07 PM