Ear Protection for Dogs

Old December 19th 03, 07:32 AM
Shirley

Default Ear Protection for Dogs

Anyone know where to purchase ear protection for dogs? Am told it exists, but
can't find it anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
--Shirley

Old December 19th 03, 08:04 PM
Bart

Since the dog doesnt need a mic boom, you could just use those spongy
foam hearing plugs, they drop noise about 19-20db. You can get them at
any Home Depot.

Bart

Old December 20th 03, 01:20 AM
Micbloo

Anyone know where to purchase ear protection for dogs? Am told it exists

Would they really keep it on their heads?
Old December 20th 03, 06:50 AM
Trentus

Shirley wrote:
Anyone know where to purchase ear protection for dogs? Am told it

exists, but
can't find it anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
--Shirley

I'm sure my dog would scratch them out in no time, I doubt he'd be at all
impressed about having plugs in his ears.
But then my dog vomits if I even drive him anywhere, I'd never even THINK
about taking him up in a chopper.

Trentus

Old December 20th 03, 12:57 PM
Sla#s

"Shirley" wrote in message
Anyone know where to purchase ear protection for dogs? Am told it exists,

but
can't find it anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

For a big dog old WWI Leather flying helmets would work. You can still get
them from vintage car accessory places.

Bit OT
Where I use to live near London in the '60s there was a couple with a
vintage supercharged four and a half litre Bentley open tourer. They had two
old English sheep dogs who sat in the back of the car. Now as this car
frequently overtook my old Jag XK120 when I was doing nearly 100mph
naturally the dogs needed eye protection. So the dogs wore Irvin flying
goggles. It was a fabulous sight to see this machine at full speed, with the
couple in front wearing white leather helmets and goggles and the dogs in
the back also with goggles, hair flying, tongues hanging out, thundering
past with the whine of the super charger often the first thing one noticed.

Slatts

Twin nose protection Jim Burns Owning 5 January 4th 05 08:18 PM
Soverignty Protection Fighter Charles Talleyrand Military Aviation 11 July 19th 04 11:56 PM
Leading edge protection search Tim Hickey Home Built 0 June 28th 04 02:45 AM
Corrosion Protection on Alluminum Sheet Aircraft? DL152279546231 Home Built 6 February 10th 04 06:10 AM
Ear Protection for Dogs Shirley General Aviation 1 December 19th 03 11:12 PM