GNS 530 for $1000?!?!? Am I Missing Something?

Old February 16th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GNS 530 for $1000?!?!? Am I Missing Something?

Changing the subject to the original post. Who among us would pay the
$1000.00 if we knew that we would receive a 530 as described in the auction?

I'm betting this was a rhetorical question, but in case it wasn't... I
would! ;-)

Old February 16th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In a previous article, "three-eight-hotel" said:
Although, clearly a total scam... What's with the "eBay square trade
company", and the "eBay safe harbour team"? I haven't done any
research on this, but I'm assuming it's all out the window once you've
wired money Western Union?

Yes, the guy is lying through his teeth. He's trying to do the deal
outside of eBay's auction system and outside eBay's payment system so that
you have no protection.

Another scam that sellers get hit with - somebody from outside your
country buys your item, but then they contact you to say "So and So in
your country owes me money, so rather than having to make two
international transactions, he'll send you a cashier's check and you
forward me the item plus the difference between your selling price and how
much the cashier's check is for." You go ahead and do that, but a few
days after you sent the item and the money, the bank tells you that the
casheir's check was a forgery and you owe them the money back. But in the
meantime the scammer got your item plus a hunk of your cash.

And you know all all those spams floating around saying "there is a
problem with your ebay account, click here to log in"? Anybody stupid
enough to click on the link provided has now given their eBay account
details to somebody who can and will now use it to buy or sell
fraudulently.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Today while watching people complain about the latest Windows worm outbreak, I
Old February 16th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

It's a bummer that you have to wade through
all of the scammer listings now to find a legitimate one!

That's just the cost of having an open market though. We could have
background checks on all eBay sellers and most people wouldn't bother
and eBay would end up not having many of the offerings they do now. Its
just even more important now that buyers exercise reasonable caution.
Luckily, I've had nothing but good experiences on eBay.

-Robert

Old February 16th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Changing the subject to the original post. Who among us would pay the
$1000.00 if we knew that we would receive a 530 as described in the
auction?

I'm betting this was a rhetorical question, but in case it wasn't... I
would! ;-)

No, it really was more of a moral question. If you can get a 530 for a grand
it has to be stolen. Though I think I'd take it and just ask extra hard for
forgiveness the next Sunday.

Old February 16th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
No, it really was more of a moral question. If you can get a 530 for a
grand it has to be stolen. Though I think I'd take it and just ask extra
hard for forgiveness the next Sunday.

So you're in the stolen property / fencing business, eh?

My friends had their house broken into, probably your ring. I had my car
stolen on Dec 29th, 1984. You again?

You buy that 530, now your business partners need another 530 ...to sell -
no buying involved here.

When do your boys come to my garage, or my house, or my parent's house, or
my sister's car, OR MY FRIENDS' PLANES, to replace their sold inventory?

Montblack

Old February 16th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
No, it really was more of a moral question. If you can get a 530 for a
grand it has to be stolen. Though I think I'd take it and just ask extra
hard for forgiveness the next Sunday.

So you're in the stolen property / fencing business, eh?

My friends had their house broken into, probably your ring. I had my car
stolen on Dec 29th, 1984. You again?

You buy that 530, now your business partners need another 530 ...to sell -
no buying involved here.

When do your boys come to my garage, or my house, or my parent's house, or
my sister's car, OR MY FRIENDS' PLANES, to replace their sold inventory?

Montblack

I'll make you a deal. I'll pay you $1,200 for your 530. We'll cut out the
middle man.

Old February 17th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Anybody stupid
enough to click on the link provided has now given their eBay account
details to somebody who can and will now use it to buy or sell
fraudulently.

No!! anyone stupid enough to plug in their username & password, when you get
them keep them busy just start filling out the user name and pass with BS
info,

Old February 17th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
No, it really was more of a moral question. If you can get a 530 for a
grand it has to be stolen. Though I think I'd take it and just ask extra
hard for forgiveness the next Sunday.

So you're in the stolen property / fencing business, eh?

My friends had their house broken into, probably your ring. I had my car
stolen on Dec 29th, 1984. You again?

You buy that 530, now your business partners need another 530 ...to sell -
no buying involved here.

When do your boys come to my garage, or my house, or my parent's house, or
my sister's car, OR MY FRIENDS' PLANES, to replace their sold inventory?

I sent the seller an e-mail before eBay shut him down from my throwaway
g-mail account. Here's his reply.

Hello,
Thank you for your e-mail.
My Units are brand new in original factory box with 3 years full warranty
from
manufacturer.The buy it now price is 1000usd/unit, including the shipping
and
handling,I
will pay them because the package will be delivered from Europe
Shipping: this is something you shouldn't worry about because I believe it
is my
responsibility to deliver the items safely to your home.
I will use UPS 2days air service (with insurance and 15 days
return policy).
The payment which I accept is Western Union money transfer.
I have chosen Western Union's as a payment method because they have always
served our
needs in a professional manner. We consider promptness a vital condition of
the modern
e-Commerce market
Thank's and if you agree with my terms please mail me ASAP