please stop bashing France

Old October 15th 03, 06:47 PM
Franck

15,000 French deaths due to hot weather

pathetic !! don't forget to speak about the 12000 people shot in the US
street in 2002

further more you don't have any lecon concerning the medical assistance !!!

--
Franck

www.pegase-airshow.com
www.picavia.com

Old October 15th 03, 06:49 PM
guy wastiaux

I'll admit something to please you : many ppl in France disagree with
the US position on Iraq, some quite violently. However, a lot of this
flaming comes from the lower, less-educated France (in my opinion). If
you study the politicians' opinions a bit closer, many disagree w/ war,
but are eager and willing to find a solution to your and our problem.

I respect the US's will to wage war, and to try to defend itself,
because I feel you do this to preserve democracy and your way of life
(not indirectly though). I'm just saying that ppl have the right to
disagree with you, and they shouldn't be badly spoken of, even though it
might not please you. The current subject being war (which kills ppl, I
allow myself to remind you), I think it's normal for governments who
disagree w/ Bush to express their opinion quite loud. War isn't a small
thing and I don't think it has ever occured to some Americans that those
wars, however justified they are, could very well not provide the right
response !
Now if you mention the 9/11 terrorist attacks, so many countries have
suffered from terrorism in the past 30 years. I recall none of the
nation-victims waged 2 wars against countries, for which proofs are
hardly existing... (perhaps the Israelis have killed a few bad guys, but
not as much as the US in those wars).
Ok, 9/11 is a revolution in terrorism, but even so. I have personnaly
been on the WTC towers in late July 2001, and I was among the many ppl
who couldn't believe what was being shown on TV. I loved NYC and so many
ppl were so nice... I don't hate Americans, far from it. I'm quite happy
when American tourist come and have a look at our capital, asking what
building is that, etc...

But I think war against Iraq wasn't all that justified.

Chad Irby wrote:
"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de news:

Do you even *read* your own papers?

Don't worry for me, I read them!
But I'm still waiting for even the slightest example of french front page
articles crying out that "America is Evil", or that "America is the ennemy",
or some other dumb thing.

Find some similar "front page" articles in the mainstream American
press, first.

Et bloody cetera. Lots of accusations, no real evidence.

--
Guy Wastiaux
aka FauCon PoiLu

Old October 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Franck

Read the Kay report. Not the "press summaries," the actual report.

They had an ongoing program, materials, labs, and a lot of stockpiles we
haven't had a chance to even look at yet.

open you eyes. when i read some us post i understand why they vote for
'Arnold', next time i'm sure they will vote for mickey mouse

I have a question for you :

how many US soldiers could write exactly the same mail for the us newspaper
???

sure all the fact wrote on the mail are exact

Manipulation, propaganda..do you know these words ?

--
Franck

www.pegase-airshow.com
www.picavia.com

Old October 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Tex Houston

"guy wastiaux" wrote in message
I'll admit something to please you : many ppl in France disagree with
the US position on Iraq, some quite violently.

I'm just saying that ppl have the right to
disagree with you, and they shouldn't be badly spoken of, even though it
might not please you. The current subject being war (which kills ppl, I
allow myself to remind you),

What is this mysterious organization 'ppl' which you seem fixated on?

Tex

Old October 15th 03, 06:59 PM
ArVa

"tscottme" a écrit dans le message de

9/11 is why we spend time going after the groups we see as dangerous and
less time sitting in cafes sipping bad coffee and worrying if they like
us or not. If you want a say in world events, become a US citizen or
get your country to take the responsibility to become powerful.

When one's acts have repercussions on the whole world, everyone has a say.
Aren't freedom of speech and democracy the very concepts your country was
built upon?

The Europeans have lived in a protected little green house so long they
seem to think that if all the nice people just agree to be nice there
will be nothing but joy for all of us. Someone has to shoot the wolf at
the door, even if the loud noise disturbs your garden party.

Does the 20th century in Europe really match your idea of a garden party?
Yes, we have experienced wars and yes, we have experienced and still
experience terrorism; just like you...

Nobody denies that the wolf has to be taken out but the problem is that the
beast is not at the door but hides deep in the forest. One can go after it
swiftly, with dogs and horns, but then the wolf might escape (sounds
familiar?), or one can go stealthy, ambush, and shoot it while it's drinking
at the pond.

ArVa

Old October 15th 03, 06:59 PM
Chad Irby

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

Evidence of what??? French bashing??? Are you kidding me???

Monday february 10th 2003 National Post article. Want me to give extracts of
it?

Yes. National Post? Never heard of it. Oh, wait - that's a *Canadian*
paper... despite rumors to the contrary, Canada is not a part of the
United States.

Sunday feb 9th. Thomas Friedman article in the NY Times.

Thomas Friedman is an op-ed writer.

A summary:

"ABSTRACT - Thomas L Friedman Op-Ed column on his wish that France
could be voted off UN Security Council and replaced by India, world's
biggest democracy and one that has not grown 'silly' trying to
differentiate itself from America; finds French position on Iraq utterly
incoherent and warns that only way to force Saddam Hussein into
compliance without war is for whole world to line up against his
misbehavior (M)"

Sounds good. Why *is* France a permanent member of the Security
Council? It's not like they're important or anything.

the previous week in the NY Times Geoffrey Nunberg wrote a "French bashing
dictionnary".

Actually, not. "A Lexicon of Francophobia, From Emerson to Fox TV." It
sums up a few phrases in use by some editorialists and the like, but
it's hardly a "dictionary," and spends more time on the French-English
disputes of the last 600 years or so.

George Will's articles in the Washington Post.

Editorials. Once again, not "front page articles."

Feb 6th Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox asking people to email the French Embasy
with insults.

Considering the French actions about that time, that's a fairly mild
response.

Feb 10th the Wall Street Journal called Jacques Chirac a "bald Joan of Arc
travestite" and a pygme.

Yet another editorial. And not too far off the mark, if you actually
read the piece.

So these editorial comments by folks count a "front page news" to you?

If so, you need to go back and read some of the editorials and editorial
cartoons in Le Monde, including all of the "bloof for oil" bits.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 07:03 PM
guy wastiaux

Tex Houston wrote:
"guy wastiaux" wrote in message

I'll admit something to please you : many ppl in France disagree with
the US position on Iraq, some quite violently.

I'm just saying that ppl have the right to

disagree with you, and they shouldn't be badly spoken of, even though it
might not please you. The current subject being war (which kills ppl, I
allow myself to remind you),

What is this mysterious organization 'ppl' which you seem fixated on?

Tex

ppl stands for people. I'm lazy, I know

Old October 15th 03, 07:03 PM
ArVa

"Frank Vaughan" a écrit dans le message de

France, if you recall, kicked NATO out of the country.
France, if you recall, aggressively worked against US interests
in Vietnam.
France, if you recall, has for years been excessively rude to US
tourists.

.... yet 2 millions come (or used to) each year. Are they all dumb? Or just
democrats maybe, hmmm?
"Excessively rude", LOL.... What kind of twisted urban legend are you
refering to? Do you *also* have friends of yours who have been spat upon
while they were walking down the streets of Paris? Come on...

France, if you recall, has for the last 20 years, aggressively
worked against US foreign policy at every opportunity.
France,

.... Sure, and also backed it in many occasions you strangely don't seem to
remember. How come so many of you Americans have a so biased and selective
memory?

Chirac is only the burst pimple on the ass of a once great
nation. The infection is much, much deeper.

So you define the greatness of a nation by the number of visits its leader
pays to Crawdad, TX?
Chirac may have many, many, many flaws but the irony is that he's certainly
not the most hostile to America among the former or yet-to-come French
leaders...

ArVa

Old October 15th 03, 07:19 PM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de news:

Oh great, a revisionist.
Or if you really need help with the frenchbashing in the US media try
http://www.miquelon.org/journalists.html

PHB

Old October 15th 03, 07:27 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:54:35 GMT, "IO" wrote:

I'm italian and in my opinion the "french bashing" is a stupid and racist
thing. There's no much reasons to hate USA but tv shows like Bill O'reilly's
one and newspapers like New York Post are part of these reasons. Please
don't follow them in their unjustified stupid hate campaign.

France is not a "race" so French bashing is not racist. France has
chosen (as is their right) to take positions that most people in the
US feel are stupid and counter-productive. Expressing disgust with the
policies of the French Government is simply an exercise of free
speech.

Al Minyard