please stop bashing France

Old October 15th 03, 07:27 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:38:46 GMT, Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Don't you think enough people hate americans already? Why do you keep
acting to reinforce their perceptions?

Well, you are going to need a tremendous amount of patience, the US
will be the preeminent world power for many years to come. You should
be thankful that the major world power is not Russia, China, or
France.

Al Minyard
Old October 15th 03, 07:27 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:05:31 GMT, Jordan wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:24:59 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA.

Yeah, that making fun of other countries is so bad for their self-image.
They could get a complex or something.

You think it's a joke, how easily you forget the events of 9/11.

So France and the French support terrorists? Not terribly surprising.

Al Minyard
Old October 15th 03, 07:28 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:37:53 +0200, "lekomin inc"
wrote:

Stop calling "europeans" anybody living in Europe and not being british. I'm
Polish as a matter of fact and I hate using "Europe" and "France and
Germany" as synonyms. Actually if you take the number of countries for and
against Iraqi Freedom both the current 15 EU and the post-2004 enlargement
EU was FOR the US. The French the Germans and the Belgians are a funny bunch
of people that can make good food (except for the Germans of course..) but
they still live the lives of forgone colonial powers.
take care
lekomin inc

We certainly are grateful for the support of the Polish people and
their Government. I am afraid that the use of terms such as
"euro-wieni" etc have become associated with the French to the point
where they are used interchangeably. Please forgive this usage, we
certainly do not include the Poles in the reference.

Al Minyard
Old October 15th 03, 07:28 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:16:42 GMT, "IO" wrote:

You are Polish? And are you proud of being Polish? Italian roads are full of
Polish whores... The only good things that poland produces without the help
of the germans...

You, sir, are a disgusting *******.

Al MInyard
Old October 15th 03, 07:29 PM
ArVa

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de
m...

Are you seriously denying that there was a French bashing campaign in the
US? I read a lot the US press avalaible on the Internet and believe me,
there was such a campaign! And for some (fewer and fewer every day to be
honest) it's not even over yet...

According to me, the most infamous piece was Ron Marr's article titled "Why
I hate the French". Just an excerpt :

"[...] The French eat horse. They eat glands. They eat bugs. I know this
because they rarely brush their teeth. Their women whine and complain and
braid their armpit hair. Their men are beret-wearing twig-boys with bad
complexions. All French people consider themselves intellectually superior,
and I suppose they are if the comparison is to an incontinent house cat.
Give them two minutes and they will inevitably rave of their sexual prowess,
which is a little like Christopher Reeve bragging about his speed in the 40
yard dash.[...]"
The rest at : http://www.americandaily.com/item/1287, but you probably
already had a good laugh reading it before.

OK, that kind of bs was not on the front page of the LA times, of the Dallas
Morning News or the Washington Post but it is printed in many local papers
throughout the country and reach million people.
OK, the vast majority of these people of course don't take it for word, but
it spreads hatred and distrust. For instance, how many of your fellow
citizens actually think, beyond any odds and despite the lack of evidence
and the denials, that France actually supported and helped SH's regime
*against* the US?

ArVa

Old October 15th 03, 07:36 PM
Franck

You should,be thankful that the major world power is not Russia, China, or
France.

Are you sure US is better ? .....

--
Franck

www.pegase-airshow.com
www.picavia.com

Old October 15th 03, 08:33 PM
NEMO ME IMPUNE

When I'm saying those guys read those US guys...

"NEMO ME IMPUNE" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I understand your opinion. But these guys are so proud of their ass that
it's quite impossible to see them having just capability to imagine they

got
a brain....

Old October 15th 03, 08:39 PM
Simon Robbins

"tscottme" wrote in message
You don't see much European anger
about slavery in the Arab world, or harsh treatment of Christians in
China or the Middle East.

*You* don't see that because you don't look, either that or because CNN
doesn't tell you. Though how about taking a look at how China (a billion
Communists no less) is a "favoured trading partner" of the US? How about
how the US ran to the aid of oppressive Saudi Arabia and totalitarian Kuwait
in 1991 also? People in glass houses and all that...

Si

Old October 15th 03, 08:47 PM
Simon Robbins

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
That's interesting, because most Americans found the Europeans (minus the
British of course) behavior before, during and even now after IRAQI

FREEDOM
offensive.

Is that before or after all the Americans realised their government had lied
(or been so unbelievably badly informed) on the existance of WMDs?
Regardless of how well the removal of Saddam Hussein has gone, the pretence
for war was to remove a clear and present chemical and/or biological threat.
It's kind of clear there wasn't one, which was France's opinion all along
(and the reason for the veto against the stated reason for war) and now all
those offensive vetoing nations have been proved right. Isn't it time Bush
made an apology to the French people for all the slurs his politicians and
populace have so mistakenly made, live on international TV? :^)

Si

Old October 15th 03, 08:48 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message

"tscottme" wrote in message
You don't see much European anger
about slavery in the Arab world, or harsh treatment of Christians in
China or the Middle East.

*You* don't see that because you don't look, either that or because CNN
doesn't tell you. Though how about taking a look at how China (a billion
Communists no less) is a "favoured trading partner" of the US? How about
how the US ran to the aid of oppressive Saudi Arabia and totalitarian

Kuwait
in 1991 also? People in glass houses and all that...

The Saudis intend to begin holding elections within a year.