C206 rental - KS, OK, noth TX - where?

Old April 9th 06, 10:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default C206 rental - KS, OK, noth TX - where?

Need to put a few hrs on a C206 before heading down to Africa where I'm gonna
be renting one. Wichita based but willing to travel a fair bit. Let me know
if you are familiar with a ship that rents; best non-turbo and not a G1000,
just a "normal" 206. Thx, Kris
Old April 9th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The Cessna dealer in Toledo, OH (Suburban Aviation) has a 2000 C206
non-turbo for rent for about $175/hr. Its a great plane if you need to
haul people & stuff around. I'm sure there is somewhere closer to you
though. I'd check with the Cessna dealers in your region to see if
anyone has a 206 available (probably on leaseback). I would have
thought that in Kansas, there would have been Cessnas for rent
everywhere...

Where are you going in Africa to fly? Is this one of the flying
programs out of South Africa where they plan aerial safaris?

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

Old April 9th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I'm based in Denmark but will be taking IFR rating in Wichita this summer and
that's why I'm looking for a 206 in KS. One of those would set you back about
$300/hr over here. I'll be renting in Maun, Botswana - private self-fly hire.
Kris

Old April 10th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Wright Aviation have a C206, at Georgetown (KGTU). N2360E. You can call them
on 512 930 7577. IIRC you need CPL, IR, 25hours on type and 250 PIC for
insurance.

- Barney

Eric Bartsch wrote:
The Cessna dealer in Toledo, OH (Suburban Aviation) has a 2000 C206
non-turbo for rent for about $175/hr. Its a great plane if you need to
haul people & stuff around. I'm sure there is somewhere closer to you
though. I'd check with the Cessna dealers in your region to see if
anyone has a 206 available (probably on leaseback). I would have
thought that in Kansas, there would have been Cessnas for rent
everywhere...

Where are you going in Africa to fly? Is this one of the flying
programs out of South Africa where they plan aerial safaris?

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

Rental Hull Insurance - for a week or just for a day? Ekim Piloting 8 August 9th 05 12:01 PM
plane rental on Oahu Dahlin Piloting 4 December 16th 04 04:10 PM
Rental contract CV Soaring 0 March 29th 04 09:16 PM
CBS Newsflash: Rental trucks pose imminent and grave danger to national security Ron Lee Piloting 4 January 15th 04 03:07 PM
Iowa City / Cedar Rapids rental aircraft Bartscher Piloting 8 December 17th 03 01:01 AM