Final Glide - Udo Rumpf

Old December 19th 10, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

Default Final Glide - Udo Rumpf

I am sorry to see this. His wonderful wing rigger is sitting in the
garage waiting for its next use. My thoughts and prayers go to his
family.

Bruno - B4
Old December 19th 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chip Bearden[_2_]

No sendoff of Udo would be complete without mentioning that he was a
man of strong opinions! I witnessed that in 2003 when six of us landed
in the same field during the Sports Class Nationals. None of us was
very pleased, of course, watching other competitors tiptoe into and
out of the turnpoint we had failed to achieve. As the trailers began
to arrive and de-rigging began, complicated by our having plopped
varying distances out in an enormous plowed field, there was naturally
some enthusiastic jockeying for advantage (since we couldn't compete
on points, the urge to de-rig and get out of there as fast as possible
prevailed). It was fun to watch the personalities of strong-willed
soaring pilots emerge, Udo's (and mine) among them.

Not long after, he and I began to exchange ideas and data on the ASW
24. Soon after those Elmira Nationals, he had bought UH's glider. I've
still got a few photos somewhere he sent me of his first modifications
to that airplane to improve its performance. We had both dabbled in
building one-man rigging systems and that was another area where we
shared ideas and opinions.

I'm sad to hear of his passing. Condolences, kind thoughts, and fond
memories to his family. Udo will be missed.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"
USA
Old December 20th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RW[_2_]

On Dec 19, 11:15*am, Chip Bearden wrote:
[...]

We will miss you Udo.
Blue Skies to you .
Ryszard
Old December 28th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ulrich

On Dec 19, 9:18*pm, RW wrote:
[...]

Hello Everyone;

In honour of Udo we have organized a lunch gathering of Udo's friends
on the 9th of January at the following location:

Fred and Gudrun Schwarze
#1430 Salem Road
Prince Edward County, Ontario.

The easiest way to get there is as follows:

1) take the Wooler Road exit off the 401 (#522)
2) follow the highway south (through the traffic lights at Highway #2)
to where it terminates at Highway 33.
3) Turn right onto #33 and travel south--through Carrying Place--past
the Department of Defense tower field--until you can see the cottages
on Weller's Bay.
4) Turn left onto Salem Road and go about about 4 miles in--on the
north side of the road. Their telephone number is 613-969-8123.

Arrivals should be planned for about 11:45.

For further information, please contact me at

Ulli Werneburg