TBO Increase?

Old April 26th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default TBO Increase?

I was just reading Flying magazine's article on the Diamond DA20 XLS (or
whatever they're calling their new, spiffed-up model), and noted that the
TBO on the IO-360 was listed as 2200 hours.

Is that accurate? I thought all Lycosaurs of the 360 vintage had 2000 hour
TBOs...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 26th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Jay Honeck wrote:

I was just reading Flying magazine's article on the Diamond DA20 XLS (or
whatever they're calling their new, spiffed-up model), and noted that
the TBO on the IO-360 was listed as 2200 hours.

Is that accurate? I thought all Lycosaurs of the 360 vintage had 2000
hour TBOs...

Jay,

Go to Lycoming's home page, click on "Support, Publications, View
Aditional Service Instructions", and look at the last one, SI1009AS. If
you then read "NOTE 11", you see that Lycoming allows a 200 hour TBO
extension on almost any engine, if it has been operated "frequently"
(more than 40 hours per month) since it's been placed in service.
Perhaps Diamond's marketing Dept. is relying on that "little" assumption
to come up with the 2200 hour claim?

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old April 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Isaksen

"Jay Honeck" wrote ...
I was just reading Flying magazine's article on the Diamond DA20 XLS
(or whatever they're calling their new, spiffed-up model), and noted that
the TBO on the IO-360 was listed as 2200 hours.

A DA20 with a IO-360 ?

Isn't that like dropping a big block 455 into a chevy vega?!?
Am I showing my age?

Old April 28th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Apr 26, 2:07*pm, "Mike Isaksen" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote ...

I was just reading Flying magazine's article on the Diamond DA20 XLS
(or whatever they're calling their new, spiffed-up model), and noted that
the TBO on the IO-360 was listed as 2200 hours.

A DA20 with a IO-360 ?

Isn't that like dropping a big block 455 into a chevy vega?!?
Am I showing my age?

Hey... I have done something similar to that...And yes I am that old
too. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50730841&hl=en

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com