KCHD to KMYF

Old May 9th 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default KCHD to KMYF

writes:

Most of the "restrictions" you listed don't exist as a difference
between sport pilot and private pilot.

So once again you are just babbling.

FAR 61.315

What are the privileges and limits of my sport pilot certificate?

(a) If you hold a sport pilot certificate you may act as pilot in command of a
light-sport aircraft, except as specified in paragraph (c) of this section.

(b) You may share the operating expenses of a flight with a passenger,
provided the expenses involve only fuel, oil, airport expenses, or aircraft
rental fees. You must pay at least half the operating expenses of the flight.

(c) You may not act as pilot in command of a light-sport aircraft:

(1) That is carrying a passenger or property for compensation or hire.
(2) For compensation or hire.
(3) In furtherance of a business.
(4) While carrying more than one passenger.
(5) At night.
(6) In Class A airspace.
(7) In Class B, C, and D airspace, at an airport located in Class B, C,
or D airspace, and to, from, through, or at an airport having an
operational control tower unless you have met the requirements
specified in §61.325.
(8) Outside the United States, unless you have prior authorization
from the country in which you seek to operate. Your sport pilot
certificate carries the limit "Holder does not meet ICAO requirements."
(9) To demonstrate the aircraft in flight to a prospective buyer
if you are an aircraft salesperson.
(10) In a passenger-carrying airlift sponsored by a charitable organization.
(11) At an altitude of more than 10,000 feet MSL or 2,000 feet AGL, whichever
is higher.
(12) When the flight or surface visibility is less than 3 statute miles.
(13) Without visual reference to the surface.
(14) If the aircraft has:
(i) Has a VH greater than 87 knots CAS, unless you have met the
requirements of Sec. 61.327(b).
(ii) Has a VH less than or equal to 87 knots CAS, unless you have
met the requirements of Sec. 61.327(a) or have logged flight
time as pilot in command of an airplane with a VH less than
or equal to 87 knots CAS before April 2, 2010.]
(15) Contrary to any operating limitation placed on the airworthiness
certificate of the aircraft being flown.
(16) Contrary to any limit on your pilot certificate or airman medical
certificate, or any other limit or endorsement from an authorized
instructor.
(17) Contrary to any restriction or limitation on your U.S. driver's
license or any restriction or limitation imposed by judicial or
administrative order when using your driver's license to satisfy
a requirement of this part.
(18) While towing any object.
(19) As a pilot flight crewmember on any aircraft for which more than
one pilot is required by the type certificate of the aircraft or
the regulations under which the flight is conducted.

As you can see, the list of restrictions is quite long.
Old May 9th 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

Right now, you are sitting in a chair in your hovel in front of a PC
playing a game and pretending to fly.

Actually I'm sitting on the ramp outside Landmark, waiting for my virtual
passengers to board. I think we'll be going to LAX shortly.

Actually you are sitting in a chair in your hovel in front of a PC playing
a game and deluding yourself.

That in itself is OK as lots of people play pretend games.

What makes you stand out as a babbling, delusional fool is that you have
convinced yourself that somehow game playing is the same thing as living a
real life and qualifies you to give advice to people in the real world.

I'm qualified to give advice independently of my simulation experience in most
cases, although the experience is particularly useful when answering questions
about simulation.

If you limited yourself to giving others the "benefit" of your "experience"
to simulation groups you wouldn't find yourself on the receiving end of
so much derision.

If you had limited yourself to answering the original question with a
simple V66 is one way to go instead of pontificating about Victor airways
having mystical properties that don't exist, you would have gotten a lot
less derision in this thread.

I see allegedly real-world pilots here giving advice on things that they
manifestly know nothing about, and I know I'm not that clueless. The most
vocal pilots here seem to be the ones who are still students or have just
barely squeaked past a PPL, and think that a little paper or card from the FAA
makes them experts.

I see someone who's experience is limited to reading the AIM on line and
playing a game on a PC that does not know what the term "flight planner"
means nor that the term "flight plan" has two meanings, nor what actually
goes into generating a flight plan trying to pretend to be a subject matter
expert.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.