MS flight simulator: 2002 or 2004?

Old March 23rd 05, 06:52 AM

Default MS flight simulator: 2002 or 2004?

anyone have some thoughts on the differences between the two?

i had a panasonic w2 laptop. 768MB RAM, 40GB HD (20 free), VGA video
with 64MG shared memory.

i think 2002 would be better as its system requirements are lower.

thanks

Old March 23rd 05, 02:42 PM

Scott Skylane wrote:
wrote:
anyone have some thoughts on the differences between the two?

i had a panasonic w2 laptop. 768MB RAM, 40GB HD (20 free), VGA

video
with 64MG shared memory.

i think 2002 would be better as its system requirements are lower.

thanks

Ignore MS.

See
http://www.x-plane.com

A much superior sim.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Ignore Scott Skylane, as he failed to even attempt to answer your
question.

In reality, FS2004 runs as well or better than fs2002 on like hardware.
So go with that one, as it's a more feature-rich sim also.

Happy Flying!
Cosmo

Old March 23rd 05, 07:26 PM

Scott Skylane wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Forget Microsoft Flight Sim. The flight model is absolute garbage. It's
a lot more of a game than a sim. Get X-Plane instead, the flight model
is quite realistic and it has a huge user community exchanging free add
ons (planes, scenery, etc...).

Old March 23rd 05, 08:58 PM

Apparently Flightgear is a pretty good one too. Love flying those VOR,
NDB and ILS approaches in IMC!
www.flightgear.org

Mike

Old March 23rd 05, 09:53 PM
Jimbo1999

You might also want to try alt.games.microsft.flight-sim
The folks over there are very friendly and will gladly help you out if you
ask nicely.

As for your question, I'm running 2004 on a Celeron 1.5gHz laptop with 384mb
RAM and a 20gb HD. It runs fine, but this is with fairly low graphics
settings and no add-ons.

HTH,
Jimbo.

oups.com...

Old March 24th 05, 01:28 AM
Matt Barrow

Try http://www.flyelite.com/index.php

Old March 24th 05, 03:27 PM

Am I missing something?

I looked and looked at the OP's message, and nowhere in it can I find
him asking whether he should buy MSFS or X-Plane... It's fine that
some of you prefer X-Plane (or other sims) over MSFS, but I just don't
see that it is relevant to this thread.

Old March 27th 05, 02:13 AM
Cockpit Colin

There is also the possibility tha the OP didn't know there are any serious
alternatives to the MS product - in which case the other sim suggestions
might well be appropriate.

ups.com...