Too close? Too small?

Old June 16th 05, 06:17 AM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Yunno Mark I could be mad, beligerant, insult you like you are
insulting others in this group starting with an individual who has
far more credibility than you will ever have.

But instead I will simply ask you what is your point of being in this
group.

Besides trolling just what is your reason for being here.

As an armchair lurker with nothing more than an interest in aviation
even I can see that you have some serious personality issues.

What is it that you want. What do you feel that we owe you.

Why should anyone here believe even one word you say or give
one tinker's damn if it's true or not.

So you have owned two helicopters... BIG ****ING DEAL.

You can continue to be as snotty in this group as you like.

The majority will toy with you, some will debate you, some will
just plonk and ignore you.

Sooner or later you will realize you have no friends here when you
could have had many.

Nobody will be interested in what you have to say.

And sooner or later you will get fed up and tired of kicking sand when
nobody gives a damn.

And then one day you will be gone and nobody will care.

At your current rate I would daresay the majority will hope that it is
sooner than later.
Old June 16th 05, 03:26 PM

Shiver,
My "point" to posting here at all was merely to ask a guy why he'd
seemingly make flippant comments about flying under wires, landing on
too small a pad and talk about blade strikes as if they were
yesterday's mashed potatoes.
Not very smart things to do, in my opinion. His post made his attitude
towards safety seem like it is not a big deal. And he claims to be an
AG pilot and has this "who-cares" attitude in regards to safety.
PS
His comment about flying under wires (and he didn't say they were 150'
in the air) was absurd, as well as landing on a too small pad and the
blade-strike thing just did it.
Keep listening to him...

Old June 16th 05, 04:59 PM
hellothere.adelphia.net

Flying under wires is not a big thing when done with care. Anyone who
has done any amount of search and rescue, mountain work, power line
stuff has flown under wires. As a matter of fact, when you are low
level like that, it can be SAFER to fly under the wires.

But maybe you are the kind that advocates flying always at 1,000' and
only landing at an airport.

On 15 Jun 2005 11:56:51 -0700, wrote:

Well you have certainly established your lack of experience in
agricultural aviation aka crop dusting? I've got more than 12,000 hours
in the lowest reaches of the airspace system flying all over the world.
A few of the older people here may recall my Ol Shy & Bashful title.
Some may remember Flyinrock? Not too hard to prove my bonafides and
experience.
Look back in older issues of Ag Pilot International magazine and you'll
see quite a few of my articles complete with photos etc. My pilot
certificate number is 1550330 and was issued over 40 years ago.
Still think I'm full of BS? Do you have any idea of what FAR 137 is?
Ol Shy & not so bashful (today anyway!
Now I gotta get back to work. already flew 6 hours since sunup......

Old June 16th 05, 05:07 PM

He wasn't in any SAR mode when he flippantly remarked about flying
under wires. After seemingly not caring that he ruined a rotor blade.
After he didn't care that he was landing on a too small platform.
What's next? "Oh, I took off with less fuel than needed so I ended up
autoing into the field....yawn, all in day's flying..."
Any person here who think's that his original post in this thread is
"cool" or whatever is stupid stupid stupid.

Old June 16th 05, 06:49 PM

Yes, that's me. Now do you have the balls to tell us YOUR name? Didn't
think so.
Also, I'd love to see your hero post his name here.
A pack of losers are what you are.

Old June 16th 05, 06:57 PM

I bet that's one whole year more than you have, prick.

Old June 16th 05, 10:44 PM

Boy you have really fed into this one haven't you? OK...how about
this..I flew 12 hours yesterday and never got above 500'agl. I flew 8
hours today, made more than 75 landings on that too small pad on top of
a truck and landed it crossways. I usually fly at or below 10'agl at
60kts which if you check on nearly any helicopter, puts me deep into
the "deadmans curve". I flew close to wires, probably within 10' on
some of them, didn't need to fly under any of them. Didn't hit anything
but a few birds that flushed while I was merrily grinding along at 10"
over a potato field.
I'm trying to pass along some hard earned experience to those smart
enough to listen. You obviously are not going to be part of that group.
I'm wondering if you have ever made an off airport landing with a
helicopter.
What is a too small pad? I see operators land on carts to put their
machines away all the time and they barely have enough room for the
skids. I have landed on many trailers that the skids barely fit.
I love it when someone challenges my comments and statements. Partly
out of a sense of humor, and partly because the devil made me do it. It
isn't too late to ask some civil questions and I'll give you civil
considered answers. Otherwise, if your shorts are in a knot and you
continue to be abrasive and calling me a liar, you may as well look
someplace else. How about checking out JustHelicopters.com if you want
some fun. The original forum is pretty raucus and the newer one is for
serious questions. You can find me in both of them. be prepared to wear
asbestos if you try your pompous attitudes there. they'll have a ball
frying you.
Rocky Kemp aka Ol Shy & Bashful and all around good guy (unless you
**** me off)

Old June 17th 05, 02:01 AM

You wouldn't be so flippant about a blade strike if you were signing
the front of the checks instead of the back, would you?

Old June 17th 05, 02:02 AM

To The Other Kevin:
How many RC's would it take for you to get one R22? He he

Old June 17th 05, 02:10 AM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Also, I'd love to see your hero post his name here.

He just did.

A pack of losers are what you are.

Potatohead... I think the group has already decided who the real loser
is.

That's you.

You could have come into the group, introduced yourself, and made some
new friends.

Instead you come barging in here acting like we are jealous of you for
some mystical reason, acting like your one year experience counts for
more than anyone else in the world.

It's your loss not ours.