153A aviator question

Old August 31st 05, 03:23 AM

Default 153A aviator question

Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?

Old August 31st 05, 04:02 AM
Shiver

An army recruiter promised

Be carefull..... be very very carefull.

Old August 31st 05, 04:00 PM

I know a local pilot who got screwed on the same deal. He got out and
is working on his civilian rotor ticket. Recruiters will lie to you and
thats a fact. when it turns to **** they'll waffle and tell you it was
out of their hands.....
Ol shy & bashful

Old September 1st 05, 04:48 AM

If it's in writing on the enlistment contract, they'll either keep
their promise or give you a discharge. If it's not in writing, it's
just BS by the Army recruiter.

Recruiters are under tremendous pressure to fill their quotas. If
you qualify for a particular program, they will be happy to put the
commitment in writing. If they start giving you excuses about why
they can't give you a written contract, it is probably because they
are pretty sure that you won't qualify for the program.

And keep in mind that the Army's personnel requirements can turn on a
dime. In 1969 and 1970, the Army was offering many WO pilots who had
completed a combat tour direct commissions as First Lieutenants. A
couple of years later, many of them were forced out of the Army in the
downsizing that occurred after Vietnam had wound down.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:04:36 -0700, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

On 30 Aug 2005 19:23:11 -0700, wrote:

Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?

I wouldn't bank on ANYTHING the recruiter said.

Old September 1st 05, 09:18 AM
Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB

Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?

I am currently serving with the Army as a AH-64 Apache armt dawg. I am
28 and also a fixed wing pilot with 288 hours. I joined the Army to go
WOFT but had to go enlisted first because I need to be a US citizen and
I am doing the military naturalization thru Army service, long story
short, ask me anything you want to know about the Army, MOS 153A and
flight training program. Who told you that you have to be E5 for WOFT?
That is wrong info. 153A is the only MOS that doesn't require prior MOS
related experience. Why do you want to go to Fort Rucker? You can only
go to Fort Rucker for AIT if you are 15P or 15Q MOS series, that is
flight ops and air traffic controller. Furthermore, not to make you
upset or anything, WOFT age cut off is 32 at this point, but also the
recuiting website says if you didn't turn 33 by the time selection board
convenes you are good to go. You can still do an age waiver on the other
hand, provided you are an excellent soldier. Can they put Rucker in your
contract, if you are going for 15Q or 15P yes that will be in your
enlistment contract.
Old September 5th 05, 12:55 PM
Flyingmonk

I'm a rated helo pilot. I thought of signing up too, went to talk to a
recruiter last week and he told me I was too old to be in flying for
the National Guard. He said the cut-off age was TWENTY SIX. He said I
could be promised a job of working on helos though. I said no thanks,
I wanted to fly.

Old September 9th 05, 06:58 AM
Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB

Beav wrote:

Oh I would, but it'd be the OPPOSITE of what he said, if it what he said was
what I wanted to hear.

Anything in your favour, forget about it.

Most of you generalizing the recruiters as total liars, this is not
true, they are not liars, on the other hand, they don't have to tell you
everything, just like your average salesman on the street. They don't
have to tell you negative sides of the service at all, they have a job
to do. Most here are quick to judge, how come you don't feel the same
thing for your average salesman at the mall, at best buy, at your car
dealer, etc etc. Noone should knock on their recruiter's door without
prior research. I have had no problems with my recruiter, whenever he
said something, I researched and if he was wrong I correted him, I got
everything I wanted, plus my specialty field. Everyone was happy. Give
them a break!