2015 Lake Placid, NY Soaring & Wave Encampment

Old September 17th 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

Default 2015 Lake Placid, NY Soaring & Wave Encampment

We have 2 weekend spots available and 5 week day spots. Please e-mail me if you are interested in attending.

Adirondack Soaring invites you to our 3rd annual Lake Placid Wave & Flying
Encampment. Our soaring club has voted to try a different site for an
encampment this year. Lake Placid, NY. The Canadian's have been coming down
for years. This year's event will be held from Thursday, September 25th
thru Monday, September 29th. Stay the entire week or come just for the
weekend. This event allows clubs to gather and enjoy camaraderie through
various social events. Please pass this note on to others in your club
that might be interested. We also plan on having a BBQ this year under
the pavilion at the airfield. Please e-mail me if you plan on attending,
as we would like to make sure we have enough towplanes for the event.
There is limited space.

There is an office area with bathrooms and showers. Lake Placid Airport
also has an area for bonfires at night.

For those of you that are not interested in camping on the field, here
are some listings of some of the local motels:

http://www.lakeplacid.com/stay/lodging

More information:

http://www.flymsc.org/Lake_Placid_V2/index.html

This site is courtesy of our Canadian Friends at Montreal Soaring.

Tows are being provided by Adirondack Soaring Association. You must be a
member of the SSA (Soaring Society of America) to meet our insurance
requirements.

Tow Costs:

2,000 ft $35
3,000 ft $45
4,000 ft $65

Please pass this on to anyone in your soaring club or community that
might be interested in attending.

If you are planning on attending please e-mail me at:

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.
2017 Barrett Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020

(518) 693-6849

www.adirondacksoaring.com
Old September 18th 15, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thursday the 24th to Monday the 28th