Down wind dash

Old June 1st 17, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Down wind dash

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:15:04 AM UTC-5, Robert Buck wrote:
At 18:19 05 May 2017, Tony wrote:
Due to crew unrest, we've upgraded from Whataburger to Braums.

As is my
tradition they also get ice cream.

Tony...congratulations to you and all! Inspiration for those of the sport
who have just darn good sailplanes of previous generation.
You know, the first time I went to a Whataburger was in the '60's in
Odessa, during the later heydays of long-range Texas soaring. Maybe
sticking with Whataburger is a good omen...RB

Full story with pictures on my SSA member blog.

http://www.ssa.org/MyHome.asp?mbr=8292935490
Old June 1st 17, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tony,

Congratulations!!!

Kevin
92
Old September 8th 17, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Tony,

I finally got around to creating GOES 1km animation of your track on the downwind May 4, 2017 flight... and here it is in two parts.. a northern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lehkxvetfz..._KSOK.mp4?dl=0

and a southern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muh50zsjuo...04_TX.mp4?dl=0

John Bird's Satellite look looks great for this latest flight, Sep 2017. I'm using Unidata's IDV program, GPSBabel to convert igc file to something compatible. I hope to created a track that will move with the satellite time. It just requires more study and work.

Walt Rogers WX

DASH Canuck[_10_] Aviation Photos 0 June 21st 10 05:04 PM
Vector Wind, Relative Wind calculation C 302/303 [email protected] Soaring 2 December 9th 08 08:23 PM
Wind tunnel, Germany WWII (or close) - wind-tunnel-test.jpg (1/1) JR[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 13th 08 09:36 PM
Wind tunnel, Germany WWII (or close) - wind-tunnel-test.jpg (0/1) JR[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 13th 08 09:35 PM
Texas Winter Down Wind Dash Contest? Snead1 Soaring 5 December 3rd 03 05:00 AM