Report of Oct. '04 SSA Director's Mtg - informal

Old November 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Caracole

Default Report of Oct. '04 SSA Director's Mtg - informal

Friends:

I have submitted a recap of the October SSA Director's meeting
to my Regional organization. These are not formal minutes, may have
some errors, but basically reflect the business of the meeting.

Formal minutes will go up on SSA's site when they become available.
But meanwhile, you can read
http://www.socalsoaring.com/index.php?page=dreports

as my report to my region's members. Enjoy our website, the product of
many fine volunteers at work.

Thanks,
Cindy Brickner
Region 12 Director
Old November 6th 04, 03:57 PM
Mark James Boyd

I saw this
"SSA By-Laws Revised to allow membership category of "Introductory."

I like the idea, especially if it involves a low price (perhaps half-price?)
first year joining of SSA. The SSA dues are reasonable for me
personally, but I have had trouble getting people to join SSA
generally because of high dues.

Any thoughts at relooking at dues reduction too? Lower dues may = more
revenue. A private e-mail mentioned that after the last dues increase,
revenue actually dropped because several thousands of members decided to
not renew.

Just for comparison, what are the BGA dues? Are there different
levels of dues? Does the BGA have a "family" membership too?

--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old November 7th 04, 06:32 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Mark James Boyd" wrote in message
I saw this
"SSA By-Laws Revised to allow membership category of "Introductory."

I like the idea, especially if it involves a low price (perhaps

half-price?)
first year joining of SSA. The SSA dues are reasonable for me
personally, but I have had trouble getting people to join SSA
generally because of high dues.

Any thoughts at relooking at dues reduction too? Lower dues may = more
revenue. A private e-mail mentioned that after the last dues increase,
revenue actually dropped because several thousands of members decided to
not renew.

Not the last increase to $64 (incremental increase of the $75 authorized by
the SSA board), but the one prior $40$55 resulted in a membership decline
and no net gain in revenue.

Frank Whiteley