Extraterrestrial RPV

Old May 26th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default Extraterrestrial RPV

This may be just a bit OT, but good news anyhow. First indications are that
NASA has successfully flown the Phoenix spacecraft to a soft field landing on
the surface of Mars. Historically, the odds of success were not great.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...ain/index.html

Vaughn

--
Will poofread for food.

Old May 27th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Vaughn Simon" wrote:
This may be just a bit OT, but good news anyhow. First indications
are that NASA has successfully flown the Phoenix spacecraft to a soft
field landing on the surface of Mars. Historically, the odds of
success were not great.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...ain/index.html

Now we know why the success rate of spacecraft to Mars has been so low.
According to the text associated with this image:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph..._full_001.html

the Phoenix has "octagonal solar panels" but in fact there appear to be
10 sides. Fortytwo possible explanations:

1) Mars is so far from Earth that space-time warping changes the way
edges are counted.

2) Eight in base eight is written 10, just as ten in base ten is written
as 10, so "octagonal" sometimes means "ten" such as during a full Phobos
moon.

8) The Martians are messing with our minds and attached two more panels
in the infamous 15-minute gap before they were deployed. Clever little
imps!
Old May 27th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

After some research, I have found some never before seen images of
Martians! Compare what NASA sent up:

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1...n_PIA07247.jpg

with this high-resolution satellite photo capturing the Martians in
action, attaching extra solar panels and doing other tricky things:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...g_PIA01885.jpg

That hate us for our freedoms!
Old May 27th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

In article , Jim Logajan
says...

"Vaughn Simon" wrote:
This may be just a bit OT, but good news anyhow. First indications
are that NASA has successfully flown the Phoenix spacecraft to a soft
field landing on the surface of Mars. Historically, the odds of
success were not great.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...ain/index.html

Now we know why the success rate of spacecraft to Mars has been so low.
According to the text associated with this image:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph..._full_001.html

the Phoenix has "octagonal solar panels" but in fact there appear to be
10 sides. Fortytwo possible explanations:

1) Mars is so far from Earth that space-time warping changes the way
edges are counted.

2) Eight in base eight is written 10, just as ten in base ten is written
as 10, so "octagonal" sometimes means "ten" such as during a full Phobos
moon.

Don't I remember that a prior Mars launch failed when there was a
disconnect between engineers working in English units and those working
in metric? Your explanation above isn't really so far-fetched. *grin*

8) The Martians are messing with our minds and attached two more panels
in the infamous 15-minute gap before they were deployed. Clever little
imps!

Martian haors?

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old May 27th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Maxwell luv2^fly99@live.^com wrote in
:

In article , Jim Logajan
says...

"Vaughn Simon" wrote:
This may be just a bit OT, but good news anyhow. First indications
are that NASA has successfully flown the Phoenix spacecraft to a
soft field landing on the surface of Mars. Historically, the odds
of success were not great.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...ain/index.html

Now we know why the success rate of spacecraft to Mars has been so
low. According to the text associated with this image:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...S000RAD_CYL_P_
10C70_R111T2_full_001.html

the Phoenix has "octagonal solar panels" but in fact there appear to
be 10 sides. Fortytwo possible explanations:

1) Mars is so far from Earth that space-time warping changes the way
edges are counted.

2) Eight in base eight is written 10, just as ten in base ten is
written as 10, so "octagonal" sometimes means "ten" such as during a
full Phobos moon.

Don't I remember that a prior Mars launch failed when there was a
disconnect between engineers working in English units and those
working in metric? Your explanation above isn't really so
far-fetched. *grin*

8) The Martians are messing with our minds and attached two more
panels in the infamous 15-minute gap before they were deployed.
Clever little imps!

Martian haors?

Yer back! missed you!miss me?

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Bertie forges another post

Since no one will talk to you, I guess you have to talk to yourself.

Old May 28th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

On Wed, 28 May 2008 06:57:26 -0500, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net
wrote:

Since no one will talk to you, I guess you have to talk to yourself.

Et tu, Brute!
Old May 28th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:LMb%j.101949$y05.54176
@newsfe22.lga:

Since no one will talk to you, I guess you have to talk to yourself.

And why not? I'm fascinating company.

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

wrote:

Since no one will talk to you, I guess you have to talk to yourself.

Et tu, Brute!

That's latin for Butthead, right?

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk,alt.2600
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

gregvk wrote in news:Xns9AAC95305E60FC169A47EE56072@
127.0.0.1:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1kech$g2l$6
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:LMb%j.101949$y05.54176
@newsfe22.lga:

Since no one will talk to you, I guess you have to talk to yourself.

And why not? I'm fascinating company.

Bertie

Well, now, it would seem-- Uh, wait a second...

/sniffsniffsniff

Damn! Did Maxwell **** himself again, or is the septic tank backed

up?
That is ****in rank!!

/fans air

He's tripped over into paranoia now. He's beginning to believe everyone
but him is my sockpuppet.

Bertie