A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Airbus A380 First Delivery Delayed again



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 3rd 05, 09:40 PM
Ken
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Airbus A380 First Delivery Delayed again

Airbus has announced the first delvery of the A380 has been further
set back to
Oct or November of 2006,with the possibility of a further delay until
early 2007.
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT
Ads
  #3  
Old May 4th 05, 07:55 AM
Scott Skylane
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ken wrote:
/snip/
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT


Arrrggh! It's those darned *bilkheads* again!!!
  #4  
Old May 4th 05, 01:57 PM
Gord Beaman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scott Skylane wrote:

Ken wrote:
/snip/
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT


Arrrggh! It's those darned *bilkheads* again!!!


Yeh...bilking everyone right and left...no wonder they're losing
money...

--
-Gord.

"Perhaps my memory isn't what it
used to be - if it ever was"
  #5  
Old May 4th 05, 10:45 PM
Robert B.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Ken" wrote in message
om...
Airbus has announced the first delvery of the A380 has been further
set back to
Oct or November of 2006,with the possibility of a further delay until
early 2007.
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT


And of course they won't lose any money it they scrap it either since that
bill's already been paid by the EU. Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it? Promise to pay it
all back out of the profits! Something like, say, 5% on the profit of each
plane?


  #6  
Old May 5th 05, 08:17 AM
Thomas Borchert
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?


No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

  #7  
Old May 5th 05, 11:36 PM
Dean Wilkinson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
...
Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?


No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)


Government contracts require you to actually deliver a product or a service.
They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis. Big difference between that and getting low
interest no-obligation loans.


  #8  
Old May 6th 05, 12:44 AM
Brian Whatcott
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Thu, 5 May 2005 16:36:35 -0600, "Dean Wilkinson"
wrote:

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
...
Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?


No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)


Government contracts require you to actually deliver a product or a service.
They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.///


....lavatory seats, for example

[sorry, sorry, couldn't resist...]

Brian W
  #9  
Old May 6th 05, 08:53 AM
Thomas Borchert
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dean,

They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.


Uh, yeah, right, if you say so. Oh, and that's exactly how I remember it with
the new Airforce tankers, too.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

  #10  
Old May 6th 05, 11:04 AM
Bob Noel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.


Uh, yeah, right, if you say so. Oh, and that's exactly how I remember it with
the new Airforce tankers, too.


So, you are saying that the Airbus deal is equivalent to the deal Boeing got
from the USAF because of Drunyan?

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Information on A310 that lost it's rudder enroute to Canada from Cuba Corky Scott Piloting 3 March 27th 05 03:49 PM
Delivery of Raptor delayed Henry J Cobb Military Aviation 48 July 22nd 04 01:45 AM
Australia chooses Airbus tankers John Cook Military Aviation 0 April 16th 04 10:25 AM
Airbus Charts Course for Military Contracts Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 24th 03 11:04 PM
Airbus Aiming at U.S. Military Market Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 21st 03 08:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.