Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 14th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

Default Ferry Pilot Down

On Feb 14, 12:49 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

On 2008-02-14 08:30:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

"Al G" wrote in news:2UZsj.14$IN2.9
@newsfe06.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
0...
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just got off the phone with NWPilot, calling me from a wake (at
Hooters) for a fellow ferry pilot who went down today in the North
Atlantic, 50 miles short of Keflavik, Iceland.

New low for you there Jay.

Bertie

WTF Bertie ?

Jay making currency out of someone's death..

Bertie

I don't think anyone else sees it that way, Bertie. In fact, your
comment seems rude and uncalled for.

Well, let's just say I got my reasons and I'm not going to post them
here, but that's exactly what he's doing. And by currency, I don't mean
coin of the realm.

Jay knows it's true, too. Not that you'll hear him admit it.

When you were stalking MxManiac leg on the n.g.'s it was cute because
he was obviously a clueless wannabe.

wtf do you now feel the need to hump Jay's leg? I've been watching
you do it for several months. Jay is a real pilot with an aviation
related business and he is one of the rec.aviation.* newsgroup's most
interesting and useful posters, and he's well respected. He lives the
life a lot of GA pilots would like to have. I often disagree with
him, have never met him, and have argued with him on political
threads, so I'm not being his friend when I say that you have gone
really over the top with this Jay hatred. You were way over the top
on this thread. And making vague references to some supposed
something that justifies your actions that we are supposed to take on
faith is BS. If you have an issue with Jay, you should state it or
STFU.

Do you just feel that you need to find a new target now that Mx has
been pretty much put down?
Old February 14th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

xyzzy wrote in
:

On 2008-02-14 08:30:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

[...]

So don't watch. he says he doesn't.

Jay is a real pilot with an aviation
related business and he is one of the rec.aviation.* newsgroup's most
interesting and useful posters, and he's well respected. He lives the
life a lot of GA pilots would like to have. I often disagree with
him, have never met him, and have argued with him on political
threads, so I'm not being his friend when I say that you have gone
really over the top with this Jay hatred. You were way over the top
on this thread. And making vague references to some supposed
something that justifies your actions that we are supposed to take on
faith is BS. If you have an issue with Jay, you should state it or
STFU.

Do you just feel that you need to find a new target now that Mx has
been pretty much put down?

Nope,. Jay is worthy..

Besides, he seems to feel it's OK to make me a target.

Turnabout is fair play.

But that's not why...

Bertie

Old February 14th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

wrote in message

Will miss Jeffrey, was good friend... Gonna be a hard crossing this
weekend with this in back of my mind.... hope he did not suffer!

Good luck, man, and have a safe crossing. Very sorry to hear about the
loss.

-chris
Portland

Old February 15th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Good luck, man, and have a safe crossing. Very sorry to hear about the
loss.

-chris
Portland

Yea, I had to break the news to a few other pilots in Bangor today.

Looking like I will not be tanked until monday I was 15 min late in to
Bangor I had to wait for the ice to melt off the plane and got out of
KLUX about 1/2 hour late.

Will try and keep up with posts... The GPS was showing 10.5 hours from
bangor to Santa Maria (LPAZ) and 174 Gallons required Today, Some nice
winds predicted this weekend hope they can tank me quick tomarrow.

Old February 15th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

NWPilot, and a very small group of pilots, perform
a very vital service to the aviation community.

Very Vital Service

it takes a very special group of pilots to ferry "small"
aircraft over the two big "ponds" off the east and west coasts of the
North American continent.

Yea, we have balls larger then an elephant and very strong mental
ability's to keep it cool under the pressure flying aircraft with
extensively modified
fuel systems in over weight conditions over unfavorable terrain in
marginal weather conditions. Then doing an ILS or some other approach
after being cooped up for 15 hours or more.

The North Atlantic, like the North Pacific,
can be fatal to anyone who "screws the pooch". It appears, that in this
case, a mechanical failure may have occurred and the airplane went down,
taking the pilot with it. However, none of us in this NG knows the
exact details of this accident and probably will never know.

Correct, Unless they fish the plane out and some times they do.

I have never been to Iowa City and have not
stayed at Jay's establishment. He, and Mary, bust their asses off to
run a great little business.

Yes, they do and I patronize it when ever possible.

I thank Jay for posting usually ditching's such as this are not even a
headline on a newspaper.

Thanks again jay ignore the childish flamers.

Old February 15th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

wrote in news:447d6879-b1c4-404d-a5d5-
:

[...]

Yeah, one of whom was doing it long before GPS or loran...

Bertie

Old February 15th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 15, 12:19 pm, wrote:
Good luck, man, and have a safe crossing. Very sorry to hear about the
loss.

-chris
Portland

Yea, I had to break the news to a few other pilots in Bangor today.

Looking like I will not be tanked until monday I was 15 min late in to
Bangor I had to wait for the ice to melt off the plane and got out of
KLUX about 1/2 hour late.

Will try and keep up with posts... The GPS was showing 10.5 hours from
bangor to Santa Maria (LPAZ) and 174 Gallons required Today, Some nice
winds predicted this weekend hope they can tank me quick tomarrow.

Jeff Hall is the 4th ferry pilot that I knew of to go down on the
sectors between
Goose and Reykjavik in the past 4-5 years. ...Prior to GPS in the
1980's it
used to be around three a year. ...It's a very dangerous game!
Pete Hirst
Old February 15th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

As I watch your posts, your stupidity is hilarious at the minimum, and
criminal at the maximum. If you are a pilot, you exhibit a stupidity only
exhibited by various US politicians.

Please do not feed the trolls... As much as I appreciate your defense, I
think it's safe to say that any real pilots here have long since discovered
that "Bertie" is nothing but a troll -- and responding to him in any way
only feeds his mental illness.

Worse, the kill file I've set up only zaps HIS message -- not your
response(s). This means I must read his drivel in order to view your
post -- something that truly is not worth anyone's time.

I know it's hard to resist the temptation, but the only way to make posters
like Bertie go away is to give them no response. Sooner or later they find
another playground to terrorize.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 15th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
As I watch your posts, your stupidity is hilarious at the minimum, and
criminal at the maximum. If you are a pilot, you exhibit a stupidity only
exhibited by various US politicians.

Please do not feed the trolls... As much as I appreciate your defense, I
think it's safe to say that any real pilots here have long since discovered
that "Bertie" is nothing but a troll -- and responding to him in any way
only feeds his mental illness.

Nah, Bertie is an opinionated, crusty, sometimes informative, sometimes
entertaining, sometimes annoying, old fart that doesn't suffer fools
easily, but definately is not a troll.

Like others that have achieved this status, he could give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him and just says what he feels without having
the need to justify it.

WYSIWYG.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 15th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

As I watch your posts, your stupidity is hilarious at the minimum,
and criminal at the maximum. If you are a pilot, you exhibit a
stupidity only exhibited by various US politicians.

Please do not feed the trolls... As much as I appreciate your
defense, I think it's safe to say that any real pilots here have long
since discovered that "Bertie" is nothing but a troll -- and
responding to him in any way only feeds his mental illness.

Worse, the kill file I've set up only zaps HIS message -- not your
response(s). This means I must read his drivel in order to view your
post -- something that truly is not worth anyone's time.

Yeah, right luser boi..

I know it's hard to resist the temptation, but the only way to make
posters like Bertie go away is to give them no response. Sooner or
later they find another playground to terrorize.

Actually, that has never worked on me..

Feel free to check.

Bertie

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 04:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 05:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 03:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM