Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 15th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

Default Ferry Pilot Down

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Al G" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in
:

Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
[...] he could give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him and just says what he feels without
having the need to justify it.

Looks like a fallacy, specifically: special pleading:

Why is that justification considered valid when applied to an
anonymous poster like Bertie but not valid when applied to a poster
who uses his real name like Jay?

I never said it was or anything about anonymous posters.

As far as I can tell Jay has just as much right to "give a crap
less what anyone thinks of him" and just say what he feels about
"Bertie" without having to justify it.

I never said he didn't.

Bottom line:

Jay said Bertie is a troll.

I said Bertie is something else.

I'm kinda both. I used to reserve the Bertie handle strictly for
trolling but got lazy once in here harassing Anthony and started
using it to make sensible posts as well.
Thing is, the concept of a troll is widely misunderstood. I believe I
explained it well earlier in this thread. Without a trollee though ,
there are no trolls. You have to have someone as idiotic as Jay as a
target or there is no point. This does not mean that ignoring me
works. That tactic is just one more step along the way.
I can tell you from experience that a good troll is never deterred by
that. Jay hasn't actually killfiled me and I know it, for one thing,
and even if he left usenet forever I could pull his chain just by
living longer than him at this stage. He's mine forever now, so he
might as wel stay and get his ass kicked in the open than in his
limited imagination.

Bertie

So, first it's MX and the Rabbit. Then Jay & Thomas. Who's next?

Why, you volunteering? Step right up. First lesson, it's a bit like
hypnosis. There are no unwilling victims.

Where does it end? Will you re-make the world in your image?

With any luck.

Do you just keep building windmills?

Windmills? nope. Wrong model.

Frankly, I don't give a damn,

Obviously.

but you leave a lot of muck to wade
through and I miss folks like MontBlack.

Hey, I do seem o remember recommending a killfile.

You are getting to be kinda like a boil, not very important, but a
pain
in the ass.

Now that's disappointing, I was aiming for lypoma

Bertie

I guess I can take some satisfaction out of disappointing you.

Al G

Old February 15th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Al G" wrote in news:3Entj.8601$iB4.509
@newsfe07.lga:

,
[...]

Happy to oblige. Any bit of sunshine I can sprinkle will stand to me in
Bunyip heaven

Bertie
Old February 16th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

It appears Bertie doesn't like you - based on his past posts (haven't read
them all) I'd guess it is because you have political views that differ
from
his, he thinks you're a bigot because of views you have expressed with
regard to illegal immigration, and you use employment practices that
appear
to be needlessly callous. (Again - all just guesses.)

Wrong assumptions across the board. Bertie and I got along just fine until
I called him out on his knee-jerk, automated, inane, one-word nonsensical

When I pointed out that he had become a bigger liability to this group than
his target, he became my rump-ranger.

But, again, that's why the kill file was invented. I haven't seen any of
his posts in many weeks, and it's truly restored the utility of this group.
I heartily recommend it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in
newsTstj.35545$yE1.3709@attbi_s21:

It appears Bertie doesn't like you - based on his past posts (haven't
read them all) I'd guess it is because you have political views that
differ from
his, he thinks you're a bigot because of views you have expressed
with regard to illegal immigration, and you use employment practices
that appear
to be needlessly callous. (Again - all just guesses.)

Wrong assumptions across the board. Bertie and I got along just fine
until I called him out on his knee-jerk, automated, inane, one-word
nonsensical responses to MX's every post.

Nope.

Lots of people do that, fjukkwit.

When I pointed out that he had become a bigger liability to this group
than his target, he became my rump-ranger.

Wrong again fjukkwit.

But, again, that's why the kill file was invented. I haven't seen any
of his posts in many weeks, and it's truly restored the utility of
this group. I heartily recommend it.

Yeah, right. Straight out of the k00k manual.

Do keep whining though. You just won't ever get it will you fjukwit?

Bertie
Old February 16th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Yes, I killfiled MX and then Bertie shortly after and the quality of
this ng increased 10X instantly! :-)

Matt
Old February 16th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Matt Whiting wrote in news:fjCtj.1$555.121
@news1.epix.net:

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Too bad you couldn't just shoot me, eh?

Bertie
Old February 16th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Al G wrote:
Frankly, I don't give a damn, but you leave a lot of muck to wade
through and I miss folks like MontBlack.

All you have to do is visit Jay in that case. And check in late.
Old February 16th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Owner" wrote in
:

Jay Honeck wrote:
It appears Bertie doesn't like you - based on his past posts
(haven't read
them all) I'd guess it is because you have political views that
differ from
his, he thinks you're a bigot because of views you have expressed
with regard to illegal immigration, and you use employment
practices that appear
to be needlessly callous. (Again - all just guesses.)

Wrong assumptions across the board. Bertie and I got along just
fine until I called him out on his knee-jerk, automated, inane,
one-word nonsensical responses to MX's every post.

When I pointed out that he had become a bigger liability to this
group than his target, he became my rump-ranger.

But, again, that's why the kill file was invented. I haven't seen
any of his posts in many weeks, and it's truly restored the utility
of this group. I heartily recommend it.

Yes, I killfiled MX and then Bertie shortly after and the quality of
this ng increased 10X instantly! :-)

Too bad you couldn't just shoot me, eh?

Bertie

BANG!

Missed

Bertie
Old February 16th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

RL Anderson wrote:
Hi Bertie,

snip
You may be a sim pilot, or a "pattern pilot" or a non-pilot who may have
an interest in aviation. Before you start bitching out guys like Jay,
pull your head out of your ass and understand how airplanes, and
aviation, work.

Bwaaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!! (my spelling, not Bertie's)

Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?
Old February 16th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in
ouse.com:

RL Anderson wrote:
Hi Bertie,

snip
You may be a sim pilot, or a "pattern pilot" or a non-pilot who may
have an interest in aviation. Before you start bitching out guys
like Jay, pull your head out of your ass and understand how
airplanes, and aviation, work.

Bwaaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!! (my spelling, not Bertie's)

Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

Apparently.

Bertie

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 03:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 04:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 02:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM