A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bumper Miracle Slide



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 19th 19, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Watson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

Anyone have one of Bumper's kits for the Cobra ramp they would be willing to part with? I tried to buy one from Wings and Wheels today and they said they are taking over the manufacturing and will be out of production for about two months.
Ads
  #2  
Old August 19th 19, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Reid
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

I bought a kit recently from Cumulus Soaring.

Mike
  #3  
Old August 19th 19, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,868
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.
  #4  
Old August 20th 19, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,377
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 6:59:17 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
...after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all
night and slide the ramp back and forth.


But, you'll no longer be able to freak out all the neighborhood cats
with that special screeching from the ramp rails ;-(
  #5  
Old August 20th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 518
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.


I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim
  #6  
Old August 20th 19, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 755
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:14:35 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.


I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim


What a great idea. Kinda tripping mentally over $15 for shipping though.....

T8
  #7  
Old August 20th 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,144
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 6:34:30 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:14:35 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.


I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim


What a great idea. Kinda tripping mentally over $15 for shipping though.....

T8

It is so worth having, sometimes I just drive to airport, open trailer and slide/glide rail out to have someone run smooth in my life. Close trailer and head back to reality. It is like meditation.
  #8  
Old August 20th 19, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 755
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 10:55:40 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 6:34:30 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:14:35 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.

I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim


What a great idea. Kinda tripping mentally over $15 for shipping though....

T8

It is so worth having, sometimes I just drive to airport, open trailer and slide/glide rail out to have someone run smooth in my life. Close trailer and head back to reality. It is like meditation.


Nothing beats the bump-bump-bump-bump-bump sound of a mid 80s Komet trailer ramp being pulled out. That takes me back to student pilot days at HHSC every time I hear it (if I wasn't flying, I was helping someone rig or de-rig). The metal/metal screech of the Cobra I just bought won't do. Can't wait to fix it.

T8
  #9  
Old August 22nd 19, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Hogue
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

Yes, I have an unused kit. Contact me at julietsix at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
Jim
  #10  
Old August 22nd 19, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 110
Default Bumper Miracle Slide

I hate to rain on the parade, but a squirt of Tri Flow Superior (bicycle chain lube also specified for certain rotor heads) does a pretty good job.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sully Sullenberger - Miracle on the Hudson Stormin' Norman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 November 4th 18 01:12 PM
Bumper stickers Ramy[_2_] Soaring 19 July 15th 18 04:03 AM
Bumper yaw string [email protected] Soaring 25 December 3rd 15 09:42 PM
Miracle Flight Phone Spam David Lesher General Aviation 1 July 16th 08 06:39 PM
Miracle before D-Day ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 February 6th 04 02:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.