Do you know who is the best F-14 pilot worldwide? the answer is...

Old June 11th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot

Default Do you know who is the best F-14 pilot worldwide? the answer is...

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Old June 11th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Don McIntyre

On Jun 11, 10:05 am, Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot
wrote:
Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Not to denegrate his skills, but it helps to be in a target-rich
environment. Were these AAM or Gun kills? What kind of targets did he
shoot down? Migs, Helos, Mirage F.1s?

p.s. I wn't let my feelings about an individual's government get in
the way of my respect for a good pilot. I respect Eric Hartmann, too.

Old June 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

wrote:
Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Not to denegrate his skills, but it helps to be in a target-rich
environment. Were these AAM or Gun kills? What kind of targets did he
shoot down? Migs, Helos, Mirage F.1s?

p.s. I wn't let my feelings about an individual's government get in
the way of my respect for a good pilot. I respect Eric Hartmann, too.

The old cliche goes: "If you don't know who the world's greatest
fighter pilot is, it isn't you!"

Nothing wrong with being proud of your AF, proud of your nation, and
proud of aeronautical achievements. But, claims of being the "best
F-XX pilot worldwide" based on kills against what has proven to be a
decidely over-rated and demonstrably second rate fighting force are a
classic example of "chutzpah"--which brings to mind what might be a
significantly more challenging set of adversaries.....

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Old June 11th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dudley Henriques

On 2007-06-11 11:05:06 -0400, Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot
said:

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

This is one of those infamous questions that defies a definitive
answer, as the answer will change from minute to minute on any given
day.
Putting an Iranian flown Turkey in killing proximity to a slew of Iraqi
pilots might not be the ultimate criteria for defining the world's
greatest fighter pilot.
Getting the answer to a question like this one is virtually impossible
unless the exact criteria for definition has been set; and even then,
another pilot given another criteria might easily meet in the air and
defeat on any given day the winner of the first criteria :-)
No, I'm afraid one simply can't just stand up and make a blanket
statement that one pilot is the best of the best. Many in fact who were
considered at one time the best of the best, suddenly ended up dead;
killed by one of those not considered the best of the best when the
poll was taken first time around.
I had a sign hanging over my desk for many years that sort of addresses
this issue. Granted I was dealing not with the combat situation, but
teaching a flying scenario to other pilots that is one of the most
dangerous in aviation.
The sign read as follows;
"Jim was the finest stick I've ever known in my life. He was one
horrific flying son-of-a bitch. He could do things with an airplane you
wouldn't believe.
In all his entire career, Jim only made one mistake with an airplane
that I can remember.
Jim's dead!"

Lesson learned here is that you can easily be the best of the best one
second,but not necessarily the next. :-)

Dudley Henriques

Old June 12th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
fudog50[_2_]

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:05:06 -0700, Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot
wrote:

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Tom Cruise!!!

Seriously, although the results of the Iranian pilot are not disputed
but could be?

I don't see how you could compare a pilot with perhaps hundreds of
hours at best from Iran with any US Tomcat pilot with thousands of
hours,,,,,no comparison.

Old June 13th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan Nafe

In article . com,
Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot wrote:

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

There are victories scored on the Eastern Front, and then there are
victories scored on the Western Front...

Wasn't the ratio about 3:1?
Old June 13th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On Jun 12, 5:25 pm, Dan Nafe wrote:
In article . com,
Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot wrote:

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

There are victories scored on the Eastern Front, and then there are
victories scored on the Western Front...

Wasn't the ratio about 3:1?

not sure who the greatest turkey pilot was.
i, however, am the world's greatest hornet pilot

Old June 13th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

wrote:

Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Not to denegrate his skills, but it helps to be in a target-rich
environment. Were these AAM or Gun kills? What kind of targets did he
shoot down? Migs, Helos, Mirage F.1s?

LOL!!!

Who the **** cares? They were ACTUAL shoot-downs.

Unlike Americans whose WW II "kills" included trucks, tanks, etc.

Old June 16th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent norris

wrote:
Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Not to denegrate his skills, but it helps to be in a target-rich
environment. Were these AAM or Gun kills? What kind of targets did he
shoot down? Migs, Helos, Mirage F.1s?

I nominate Snort Snodgress?

vince norris