Hosin 2018-2 pilots team flying with vastly different gliders !

Old August 5th 18, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hosin 2018-2 pilots team flying with vastly different gliders !

Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan
Old August 5th 18, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 6:54:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan

Perhaps as two they are strong than as one. I see the long wingers have the top three spots, just as it should be

Former long wing driver
Old August 5th 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

wrote:
Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with

identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan

Perhaps as two they are strong than as one. I see the long wingers have
the top three spots, just as it should be

Former long wing driver

Pity, you can buy 2 JS1C's for the price of one EB29R..... 4 day wins to
the
JS1C vs 3 to the EB29R though so far.

Old August 6th 18, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

And the top 3 currently, EB29.
Old August 6th 18, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Some days the highest 18m Class speeds are higher than the highest Open Class speeds - even on the days when the tasks are longer.

Old August 6th 18, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

wrote:
Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with

identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan

Perhaps as two they are strong than as one. I see the long wingers have
the top three spots, just as it should be

Former long wing driver

Pity, you can buy 2 JS1C's for the price of one EB29R..... 4 day wins to
the
JS1C vs 3 to the EB29R though so far.

So, it is the OPEN class. This is the class that historically pushed the technology. My Nimbus 4 was $75K versus $40K for my ASW-24. Worth every penny, the long wingers just have reach that ... well go fly one, amazing.
Old August 6th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

wrote:
Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with
identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan

Perhaps as two they are strong than as one. I see the long wingers have
the top three spots, just as it should be

Former long wing driver

Pity, you can buy 2 JS1C's for the price of one EB29R..... 4 day wins to
the
JS1C vs 3 to the EB29R though so far.

So, it is the OPEN class. This is the class that historically pushed the technology. My Nimbus 4 was $75K versus $40K for my ASW-24. Worth every penny, the long wingers just have reach that ... well go fly one, amazing.

I'm a big fan of long wings too. Pretty sure Michael Sommer and Felipe Levin aren't winning just because they have longer wings.
Old August 7th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

wrote:
Check these 2 Czech pilots flying an EB 29R and the other a JS1C, with

identical start and finish time.
I can't compaere their traces.
Did the long wing glider sacrifice to help the shorter wing glider ?
Dan

Perhaps as two they are strong than as one. I see the long wingers have
the top three spots, just as it should be

Former long wing driver

You can buy performance, but it takes finesse, skill, knowledge to fly a long winger. Where they shine is one can effectively dolphin fly and when you have 20-30 miles to go glide to get to the next lift source, the long wingers can reach out.