VOR Alpha approach down to minimums with ATC COMS - Video

Old September 27th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default VOR Alpha approach down to minimums with ATC COMS - Video

This next video is my trip home executing the VOR Alpha approach down
to minimums with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPOrMBrQ40

Video segmented. First part is picking up my approach clearance to
KMBO while executing the ILS at KJAN

Second segment is after the touch and go into KJAN and final part is
the descent and landing into KMBO. Descent, silence clipped between
callouts for brevity as the inside of a cloud looks the same. Dodged
some vultures not seen in video on final hence the left move on final,

This is probably the first video of mine where you will see white over
white on the VASI. Ceilings were lowering as I progressed south and I
didn't want to lose sight of the airport, so I turned base much sooner
then normal and figured to land long..

Kind of amusing to hear the controller voice tone (you are going to do
what?) when I requested the approach into Madison in the beginning of
the video. ATC audio includes a bet between me and the approach
controller in whether I make it in. I lost the bet and confessed at
the end of the video :-)