Where oh Where is Llano Estacado Soaring Society ?

Old May 21st 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where oh Where is Llano Estacado Soaring Society ?

In cyberspace that is.
http://www.llanosoaring.org/ seems to have disappeared.
Anyone know who's the web-master ?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

Old May 21st 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I clicked the link, and it opened for me.............send me 100 bucks
and I will click it for you...........# 711.

Old May 21st 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm only able to get their web page about half the time I try.

Old May 23rd 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A more important question is why the 2006 18m/Open nats information
hasn't been updated in over two months. Sent an email to the two
contacts (Dennis and Gaynell @ SSA) listed and no response since last
Wednesday...

Compare that webiste to the Region 9 one. Good job, Tuno!

Old May 23rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Compare that webiste to the Region 9 one. Good job, Tuno!

Thanks 5Z but I would give LESS a *lot* of wiggle room before I gripe
about their web page. They are a volunteer organization of (mostly) SSA
staff members doing something that not nearly enough of us sailplane
racers acknowledge and thank them for. The last thing we want to do is
anything that would discourage them (or anyone else) from organizing
more contests!

Tuno

Old May 23rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Absolutely! But communication IS important. Not updating anything on
the website in over two months - and with less than two months until
the contest start is not good communication.

-Tom

Old May 24th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
Tom - Call 'em up and volunteer to help with their web page !

I'd love to, but having enough trouble finding time to work on my
club's webpage:
http://soarBFSS.org

Anyway, all I'm asking for is at least a raw dump of the information
they do have for the contest...

List of contestants, pointer to the official TP database, list of
workers, tow planes, when tows will be available prior, etc....
Basically, a "warm fuzzy" to indicate that someone is actually
preparing for the contest.

By the time someone email me the info, they could just as well put it
up on the web.

-Tom

Old May 24th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I don't know about their website but I just happen to be wearing today
one of their very fine contest t-shirts from the 1991 (!!!) 15M Nationals.

Bet you have one too Dave...