Flight planning software

Old January 27th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Flight planning software

Is there any software out there that will add the Com frequencies to
the Nav log instead of having to look them up on the low route maps?

thanks
Old January 28th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul kgyy

On Jan 27, 2:50*pm, " wrote:
Is there any software out there that will add the Com frequencies to
the Nav log instead of having to look them up on the low route maps?

thanks

Jepp's flightstar lists the comm freqs in the nav log for airports in
your flight plan, but not ATC freqs. You do have to keep the data
current, which I do annually - runs about $75 iirc.
Old January 28th 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

paul kgyy wrote:
On Jan 27, 2:50 pm, " wrote:

Is there any software out there that will add the Com frequencies to
the Nav log instead of having to look them up on the low route maps?

thanks

Jepp's flightstar lists the comm freqs in the nav log for airports in
your flight plan, but not ATC freqs. You do have to keep the data
current, which I do annually - runs about $75 iirc.

What's the difference between a com and ATC frequency?
Old January 28th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul kgyy

On Jan 28, 4:53*am, Sam Spade wrote:
paul kgyy wrote:
On Jan 27, 2:50 pm, " wrote:

Is there any software out there that will add the Com frequencies to
the Nav log instead of having to look them up on the low route maps?

thanks

Jepp's flightstar lists the comm freqs in the nav log for airports in
your flight plan, but not ATC freqs. *You do have to keep the data
current, which I do annually - runs about $75 iirc.

What's the difference between a com and ATC frequency?

Probably not a good use of the term - what I meant is that FS will not
list Center frequencies for IFR communications. Those appear
primarily on the Low Altitude Enroute charts. It does list approach
and departure freqs.
Old January 29th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter Clark

paul kgyy wrote:
On Jan 27, 2:50 pm, " wrote:

Is there any software out there that will add the Com frequencies to
the Nav log instead of having to look them up on the low route maps?

thanks

Jepp's flightstar lists the comm freqs in the nav log for airports in
your flight plan, but not ATC freqs. *You do have to keep the data
current, which I do annually - runs about $75 iirc.

What's the difference between a com and ATC frequency?

Probably not a good use of the term - what I meant is that FS will not
list Center frequencies for IFR communications. Those appear
primarily on the Low Altitude Enroute charts. It does list approach
and departure freqs.

it doesn't list departure/approach either. Basically it only shows
the frequencies for the airports, nothing enroute.
Old January 29th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul kgyy

On Jan 28, 7:18*pm, Peter Clark
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:26:28 -0800 (PST), paul kgyy

it doesn't list departure/approach either. *Basically it only shows
the frequencies for the airports, nothing enroute.

Mine does list approach and departure freqs - maybe because I have the
IFR version.

$10 Flight Planning Software [email protected] General Aviation 0 February 15th 07 07:56 PM
Best Flight Planning Software for a jet? CaptainCraig Piloting 2 September 8th 06 02:50 AM
Flight planning software GE Piloting 13 April 12th 06 05:01 AM
Flight Planning Software Chris G. Piloting 22 July 4th 05 06:33 PM
what flight planning software do you use? Sridhar Rajagopal Piloting 52 October 3rd 03 07:39 AM